Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Has this happened to you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you ever have cars speed up when they see you and stay next to another car? I think it is because they assume I will try to pass them and weave in and out of traffic or something. People put their game faces on when they see us.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Talking

My parents both ride harleys, and they belong to the local HOG (Harley Owners Group) and they even can't stand half the people that belong to the group. They think just because they spent 20K on their bike, that they are better than anyone else. My dad had this Ultra motor built up some with head work and cams and a dyno tune, and only pulled 89hp. I can't remember the torque, but I do know that his bike weighs about 840 lbs. Although every time I have one pull up next to or behind me, I don't give them a chance to get in front of me. Even funnier is watching them trying to get ahead of my Civic. With a t4 turbo and 3" mandrel exhaust with no muffler, they get pissed that mines louder and faster..lol

Last edited by 509 Ghost Rider; 05-05-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Yeah most any harley you'd typically eat up. Generally speaking the average harley has two to three times weight, two to three times the engine and half or less the horsepower. Pretty tame stuff compared to sportbike numbers but still fast enough for them to feel like kings of the road when average cars are around. People have a fascination with numbers, since they have a 1800cc they figure it's got to be three times more powerful than a 600cc. I don't think they realize just how poorly designed and under engineered their motors are. Just going by numbers they figure they juust have to be faster, they aren't.
They could be better motors, but an HD is an image. Some time ago, one of the Japanese bike brands came out with a v twin cruiser. It's engine was built so the two cylinders were timed 90* apart. Although it was smooth and strong, it didn't sound like an HD. Owners complained, and it was re-engineered to be just like the HD.

The only v twins that Harley sells that have any ***** are v-rods/night rods and Buells, and their engines aren't HD mills.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 AM

just like everybody else ive had things happen to me while i was riding cause of stupid people. when i bought my first cbr i saw a guy that i had worked with for 2 years riding on the lane next to me. i put my hand out like i did to everyone else and he ignored me. i asked him at work if he saw mw and this is what he said, "yeah i saw you but your not on a harley so u dont mean sh*t when your on that crotch rocket." i have talked to all kinds of harley enthusiasts and have never heard anything like that from any of them. so its not the bike that does it to them, their a$$holes before they get them. most riders say, "a bikes is a bike, doesnt matter what kind or style it is as long as your riding." and thats the motto i go by. dont matter if its a show queen or something you built from spare parts as long as its a bike! but i still put my hand out to all those a$$holes who wont do it back. makes me happy cause it pisses them off!

Old 05-10-2009, 03:37 AM

You guys are comparing apples to oranges! Most HD are not designed to be race bikes and anybody who tries to race a "race replica" on a HD is truly an armature. Even the V-rod is not designed to be a race bike...with the exception of the drag bike version that you can get from HD manufacture.

HD are DEEP in tradition, heritage, and history! They look tough and sound rough. Everybody should appreciate them for what they are and not hate on them for what they are not.

Old 05-10-2009, 06:39 AM

man i dont even know if a typical harley is even faster then a ninja 250

Old 05-10-2009, 09:46 AM

I have been tired of that I paid more for my chromed out bike than you so I wont wave attitude that I go out of my way to **** them off every chance I get. I will wave if they wave first no problem but If they don't wave I won't either. I even wheelie past every one of them I see when I know there are no cops. I have lots of family that are Harley riders and some belong to christian motorcycle clubs and always invite me to go on runs and their friends are very friendly and I enjoy their company. I'm just saying it feels good to see someone with such a big head get taken down a notch when you show them up in every way.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter6103
i put my hand out like i did to everyone else and he ignored me. i asked him at work if he saw mw and this is what he said, "yeah i saw you but your not on a harley so u dont mean sh*t when your on that crotch rocket."
I hate that attitude. I asked some guy and a girl for directions one night. Them on an HD and me on a cbr. I figured, ya know, maybe with us both being motorcycles they would help me out. I dont know if it was intentional that she led me down a dead end or whether that shakey *** bike just rattle he brainds loose. Either way, I was pretty pissed off.

Quick Reply: Has this happened to you?