Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Has this happened to you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has this happened to you?

Twice now I stopped at a light and an H-D pulls up next to me. No problem, but as soon as the light changes he roars on ahead of me. Kind of a dick move I think.

Wondering if it's just me or if others have had that happen to them.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I dont know I've never had a HD ever get in front of me before :P

Old 05-04-2009, 06:51 PM

small ***** compensation.Made him feel good to accomplish someting.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 PM

i dont know i've never had a hd ever get in front of me before :

lol................

Old 05-04-2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Had that happen, was kinda funny, cause we ended up at another light a block down the road and I was just laughing my *** off by that time. He looked over, got all ready and tried again when the light went green, all serious and intent and everything. He took off up ahead of me again, met him at another light. I was literally crying by this time, could barely see to ride. He looks over and yells "What's so funny". I told him to try that again and I'd show him why I'm laughing. Sure enough, light goes green, I'm gone. He met, me down the road at another light, doesn't say a word, just turns and takes a side road so he doesn't have to sit next to me. His face was so red.

Point is you can't take those guys too serious, they hear about how fast sport bikes are and don't really believe it. They love their bikes, same way we do, and think they are fast as hell. That loud *** exhaust goes to their head I think. Either way they are harmless and I wouldn't let it bother you. They aren't that much different from you when it comes down to it, just on a slower bike.

classic story! rofl rofl

I thought H-Ds were fuking fast? no? my 600 F3 can beat a HD?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Australia at least, Harlies cost a bomb, the guys often spend almost as much again on go fast gear. They have meaty low end grunt ( I love watching them at lights, almost falling apart from all the vibration off the motor & bouncing up & down on their suspension) & they have the cubes to back it up, but its a slow delivery. Getting away quickly from a set of lights means nothing, get them into even a moderate set of curves & their stuffed.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
classic story! rofl rofl

I thought H-Ds were fuking fast? no? my 600 F3 can beat a HD?

Yeah, most of those are turds. I'm sure there's a few quick ones, V-Rods and Buells to name a few. A quick google serch gets me 80 hp for most, and 123 for a v-rod. I'm trying to find some numbers for weight, but I bet they can't come close to a 600. (maybe a Buell)

Last edited by CB750; 05-04-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I get that from cagers all the time. It could be little miss soccer mom in her mini-van, but when they pull up next to me at the light, it's like the drag strip. They'll mash down on the accelerator with all they've got; engine roaring. Then when they get the chance, they'll switch over into my lane, like to get in front of me & show me off. People are just weird.

Quick Reply: Has this happened to you?