Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Harley

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 05:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley

What is the deal with these guys that ride those over weight rode hogs. This last weekend I passed about 3 or 4 of them when I was coming up on a blind turn, only to find out that the road had been washed out with mud everwhere. I ended up going down nothing serious. But it is the fact that they didn't warn me of the road conditions ahead. It is as if they think they are above anyone who rides a sport bike. It seems like every time I pull up next to them someone is bound to start talking about how we give motorcycles a bad name because the speed limit might be broken every now and then. That seems a lot safer than some guy pounding 6-8 beers then hopping on a bike he has 0 seat time on. I stop at a place by my house where it is almost all harleys and I always see at least a few guys get so drunk they can't even back thier bike out. I would be interested in seeing how many accidents are caused by these yuppee wanabe bikers who drop 20 grand and ride 20 miles, then proceed to preach to me about saftey.

Old 10-26-2004, 10:09 AM
Default RE: Harley

Damn man,
Glad to hear you are ok. I agree with you to an extent as well. Not all Harley riders are asses. But it does seem the majority are asses towards sportbikes. I personally don't care what kind of bike you are on, if I see a dangerous area ahead, i'm going to warn someone on a bike. You would think they would have more compassion towards someone else on two wheels. They probably had been drinking and thought it would be funny to watch a sportbike go down.

Old 10-29-2004, 03:57 PM

F#$K the people who don't let other riders know about road hazards. That is complete crap they didn't let you know. There is only one thing that matters out of this whole experience, you're ok, in one piece, and realize that not all riders care about the safety of other riders. Boozer Cruiser statistics have gone up the last 5-8 years. Pick up the lastest issue of Sport Rider or maybe it is Motorcyclist. I'll have to check the tank of my toilet but there is an article about how a group of writers drank and rode on a track back in the late seventies. You can only imagine the results. I've seen the type you're talkin' about, cruise from bar to bar and drink 2 beers at every bar and by the end of the day they can hardly walk let alone ride. Right on Neon! Ride on and be safe.

QuiK

Old 10-29-2004, 06:48 PM

oh **** man, glad you're ok. that's dick of them not to warn you, just goes to show some of the attitudes out there. we just had "bike-toberfest" down here in daytona beach, and there were tons of harleys/choppers. what's annoying to me is how loud their bikes are. it's so unnecessary that they sit at a red light and rev those things. i came up to a red light behind of couple of them and their exhausts hurt my ears. anyway, i'm rambling on. glad you're not hurt!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:57 PM

lol i have a harley mesh jacket and a cbr f4

Old 06-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

The other day I got out of my car anddirected traffic to let a couple of Harley guys (tee-shirt, no helmets) get out on a busy road and stay together. Most Harley guys seem like dicks (loud pipes, skinny arms, leather vests, no helmets, drinking and riding, reving their engines for no reasons, making noise but still slow) but you have to hand it to them, they are tolerant enough to ride with fat old women with blotchy tattoos and no teeth.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527 you have to hand it to them, they are tolerant enough to ride with fat old women with blotchy tattoos and no teeth.
More like the women are tolerant enough to ride with them.

But c'mon, you know you want a t-shirt that has printed on the back, "If you can read this, the bitch fell off."

Old 06-21-2007, 09:36 PM

you know if this didnt involve harleys people would say why are your riding beyond your field of vision. glade your alright that was a crappy thing they did but not all harly guys are bad guys not all sports bike guys are nice guys.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:29 AM

My brother and I in 06 bought two new Harley's. I got an 06 1200 custom sporty and he got an 06 V Rod. In a year i put over 15k miles and he put over 12k. It was funny when we would take the bike in for service and they would be like, Oh my god most people never get that many miles. Well my harley started falling apart ( blown rear cylinder head gasket and new carburator) and my brothers bike ( Rocker box cover leaking oil, steering head bearing squeeking, 2nd fans bearings squeeking). After i got my Harley back from the blown head gasket i went and traded in my 06 for an 02 Cbr 954. Oh my god that $3000 dollar loss was so worth it. Then when my brother wanted one and couldn't get financed because he still owed 16k on that pos I decided to buy a new bike and sell him my 954 after owning it for only about 4 Mths. I got a new cbr 1k and he now has a 954 and his v Rod. Well since i sold him that 954 he doesn't ride the V rod anymore and laughs at cruiser rider yuppies. When we had the Harley's Everyone would wave and be your friend. Now that we have sport bikes only about 1 in 5 cruiser riders wave.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:40 AM

That's disappointing to hear about the V-Rod. That's a great looking bike.

Quick Reply: Harley