Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Hand guns: Weapon of choice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008 | 11:10 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Hand guns: Weapon of choice...

winchester model 670 .243 cal with scope

35 series .40 cal Glock with upgraded night sights and extended mag release

mossburg 12 gauge shotgun

not as cool as HC's collection but i can do some damage

Old 11-20-2008 | 11:11 PM

S&W Sigma .380 Not the best guy in the world, but its small enough to fit in my pocket without a bulge, fits 7 rounds, and trigger safety. Its not a guy to bring to the gun course every weekend, its a gun you take out everyonce in a while to practice and hopefully never have to use outside of there

Old 11-21-2008 | 12:03 AM

i carry my XD 40, my XD 45 or my P220 ST

Old 11-21-2008 | 12:04 AM

here is the inside of one of my 7 safes

Name:  DSC_0034.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  13.7 KB

Old 11-21-2008 | 12:23 AM

i'm not 21 yet but when i turn(feb) i plan on having an armory lol. Already have the Phorbis III for the AR i've been eyeing

Old 11-21-2008 | 12:30 AM

i have had people too scared to walk in my garage because of the armory i have. i had some guy passing out jesus flyers walk up to my garage when i was cleaning out the safes. i had guns laying everywhere. he walked up and almost pissed himself

Old 11-21-2008 | 10:17 AM

sig p226 in .40 or .357 sig

or a full size 1911

hardcorp, how does that uzi compare to the mp5? accuracy and reliability being most important.

Old 11-21-2008 | 11:01 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

HC, a bit difficult to carry all but one of yours in a shoulder or belt rig.......
I've said it before.....I don't believe the 9mm is an effective stopper round. I've never shot anyone with a 10 milly, so can't comment.
Personal weapons of choice .......
a 22 Colt Woodsman, and/or a Colt 1911 Govt/Gold cup with the accurised barrel and smoother slides.
In the end, it's what you're most comfortable with, IMHO.
If you can put it where you want to, they're all good.......
I did love my old 357 Mag, though.....

Old 11-21-2008 | 11:25 AM
Friend and Hero ...

I very seldom use ashoulder rig I however do you use a lawman II holster. It will accommodate everything from my granddaddy's old Smith & Wesson 38 chief special Up to my tricked out rail gadget USPand my favorite 10 mm. I reallydo not prefer a handgun. But I've got 9 of them. I'll have to break out some hard cases and take some pictures also, I actually met to post this piece in this thread, but put it in the old one by mistake, because the title of this thread is weapons of choice. And I decided I could only have three here's what they would be
If only 3

If I could only have 3 firearms consisting of 1 rifle, 1 shotgun, and 1 handgun these would be my choices the Hk 91 damn near indestructible. 100% reliable and a ton of available ammo here's the biggest shocker of all if you know me well. The Ruger P89 9 mm. Yes, I absolutely hate the 9 mm but 9 mm is a little less expensive and offers worldwide availability for ammo Ruger done nothing but enhance the p series with the 89. It was submitted for government testing when the Beretta was chosen and was the only. Oddly enough, 9 mm to have its barrel blocked with a bolt and a round fired and the only thing that had to be replaced was the barrel. They beat the slide off replace the barrel and put it back into service. Nothing else tested that day passed that test. Nothing from HK or Beretta its rugged, well-built and widely available with not a hell of a lot of overuse in most cases custom parts are available, though most of them can only be bought from thirdhand vendors now. Andwhen deployed with the proper double tap method. It is effective with the right ammunition. As for shotguns me and shocktroop are on the same page Mossberg M 590 anybody that's under the misconception. It's a beefed up 500 better go back to the drawing board. It was built for law-enforcement and the Marine Corps. Just do your homework on it. There are lots of options and variations that were available pick the right one for your purpose. But all variations come standard with the bayonet lug LOL.
With the rifle I went for high-quality high reliability and accessible ammo and if I've only got one rifle in the gun cabinet. It's going to be a 30 caliber. So the only other option. I see is the FN FAL the only battle rifle fielded by 78 different countries for the one and only handgun. And I see it only as a backup to the rifle and the shotgun. I went for the economical, reliable, easily accessible time and again tried proved Ruger P89. I could list 50 reasons why somebody on a budget would grab this up. Just find an old one that's been tricked out and play with it. I'm talking about with a federal ordinance, extended barrel custom grips a laser sight, and hell throw in one of those USA 32 round mags, and you've got a cowboy gun. You know, one of those old TV western sixguns they never reload. And loaded with the right ammo and effectively deployed with the proper double tap technique. It can be effective as a last-ditch weapon personal opinion but here's another serious fact for you to consider it is pre-band. HI Capability yes, the band is over with, but they passed a sunset law and for you guys unaware of the facts. If you're running around with a handgun or assault rifle. They came with a low cap mag, and you have picked up a high cap mag to replace it with. Guess what, you just violated a federal law. The original law applies to the weapons manufactured during that timeframe, and they cannot legally be modified except for assault weapons, where they had incorporated at least 10 US manufactured parts. So just because the moratorium is up, doesn't mean everything is legal. Anything manufactured after the original high cap moratorium ended is legal. Anything before the moratorium is legal. Anything manufactured that came with a 10 round or lower capability magazine during the dark years will never be legal for civilians to modify. By placing a higher capability, magazine in it. Do you understand And if you think this is a law that's going to be ignored. Let me just stress this fact to you. There are lot of law enforcement that passed through my company training centers. And this is about to become a real hot topic a computer data bases already being compiled and will be available online nationwide to all law enforcement departments by 2010, which means that in a traffic stop for you guys carrying legally. If the model number of your weapon comes back as a low cap (10 round) model, and you've got a 15 round mag crammed in it. You just committed a felony, probably two if I am thinking correctly, and you're on your way to jail . The only other option I see is get ready to spend some money. Pick up the Glock full-sized 10 mm if you can find it or one of the three Smith models or even the Springfield 10 mm and invest in a good reloader and fear not. You're packing dirty hairy knockdown power every time you gear up and spent a lot of time at the range. Learning to deal with the felt recoil and target acquisition that's the big thing with the 9 mm. Even your grandma can master it pretty quick. As far as the shotgun goes the M590 12 gauge is about as versatile a shotgun available on the market and Mossberg poured a lot of hard effort and time into winning that government contract. Second choice behind the Mossberg would be the old street sweeper. LOL so go ahead and see the BATF fill out the paperwork for destructive device and get yourself one, if you can even find one. Hell I remember seeing them being sold for 250 bucks. The registration will cost you about that much now. Or hell, maybe those nice Democrats will repeal the November 1986 ban and you get yourself. AA 12

Old 11-21-2008 | 11:57 AM

Anything .40 Cal. I havetwo Glocks a 22 and a 23, and for the 22 I also have a 9mm conversion barrel made by lone wolf, and a .357 sig barrel made by bar-sto. It's 3 guns in one

Quick Reply: Hand guns: Weapon of choice...