Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HAHA - Another Gun Thread - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HAHA - Another Gun Thread - Need Advice

A firefighter buddy of mine has a Walther. Those things are incredible (but rather expensive). I've always wanted a PPK or PP9.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes walthers are freakin awsome....
i got to fire a isreali arms desert eagle about a week ago....it was chambered in .50AE....talk about a freakin kick....the first shot i thought the reciol had broken my wrist, but once i learned how to hold it properly, it was a blast to shoot....and also extremely accurate...

also, thanks for the info shocktroop

Old 04-11-2007, 03:23 AM

I paid $400 for the PT111 mil/pro, but that came with a box of 50 Winchester shells (crap), an hour of instruction and range time, and the $15 fee for a TBI background check. $339 sounds like a good buy. Is that for the SS model or the black? They had the black one also, and it was $375.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:21 PM

Its for the SS model, but now Im looking at getting either the SIG P226 in 40s&w or 357 SIG, AlsoP229 in 40s&w or 357 SIG either one is $609 through a military special. It says you can interchange the barrels on the P226 or the P229 by that I mean if you buy the gun in a 40 you can put a 357 one on it too also you can put a 9mm barrel which is more expensive because it has to fit the guns larger frame.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:27 PM

Love my G27, since I live in a carry/conceal state it’s a must to have a subcompact for comfort. It's a bit small but absolutely love the .40 in a tiny package. The built in laser OMG... it’s the pwn!

Then with little practical purpose since I have not set it up for hunting... My .44 for loads of fun and blasting stuff

Both ends of the spectrum but I would always recommend a Glock. They can take one hell of a beating and will ALWAYS fire. If a .40 is really on your mind;look up the Ruger P944 also, they make a fine .40

Old 04-11-2007, 10:08 PM

Can't believe I've heard so many good comments on ruger autos. I don't think they are junk, but I think they are lightyears behind in comparrison to other manufacturers. Mostly Cause of Bill Rugers fear of litigation (for obvious reasons, hence no more 3 screw revolvers). Anyway, ruger makes a fine revolver and a nice rifle, and their MK series of pistols are legendary and a must have for any shooter, but never warmed up to their autos. (Autos meaning anything other than the MK series)

Old 04-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have a SIG P226-9-Navy?
I really want one, no particular reason other than the cute anchor on the side, phosphate internals, special serial number, and proceeds going to Special Operations Warrior Foundation .
Also want it outfitted with CrimsonTrace Laser grips. Any thoughts?

daredevil, is that SIGoffer good for former military?

Old 04-12-2007, 12:28 AM

ORIGINAL: kodiak1122

daredevil, is that SIGoffer good for former military?
Cathy.Barton@Sigarms.com [mailto:Cathy.Barton@Sigarms.com] On Behalf Of Federal-MilitarySales@Sigarms.com
Try emailing this person to see if you would qualify.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 PM

you referred to a .22 cal if your looking for a small caliber go with then ruger mark 2 accuracy cant be beat.. i have a new smith and wesson and shortly after purchasing was told my model had a problem with the bluing making it more susceptible to rust after a 2 day fishing trip regret having it.. as far as price on a pistol you can get a decent used pistol for around 4-500$ dollars if you dont have a gun collector in your family i suggest traveling to a gun show and getting advice from someone other than a dealer.i think if your not particularly set on a certain pistol go with the model 1911 its been around for almost 100yrs and is still going strong think of it as the mustang of guns (you can find good deals on any part you need and everything aftermarket is availible in huge quantities for this pistol.. recommend colt,springfield etc.. ect..

Old 04-13-2007, 12:37 AM

You can get a springfeild milspec for around 420 or so, probably cheaper if you do some shopping. It's a great gun with a lifetime warranty, shoot it a bit and find out what you like and don't like and add on all the bells and whistles as you go along to build your ideal pistol. The 1911 is the benchmark of custom pistols, the number one choice for competition and modification and a rich history to the design itself. It can be anything that you want it to be. Theres a reason it's been around through every war our country has fought, and is still the pitolsmiths choice. It's the small-block of handguns. Anything is possible from mild to wild and there are catalogues of parts available for it and any gunsmith worth a **** knows them inside and out. Plus...you can get a .22lr barrel and slide for it for economical plinking and drills, as well as have one in 9mm and 40 S&W if you choose, but old slab-sides in .45ACP is the original recipe IMHO.

Quick Reply: HAHA - Another Gun Thread - Need Advice