Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Had a squidly rider run into the back of me tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a squidly rider run into the back of me tonight...

It's that time of year again, when all the paper plates are out in numbers. I try to avoid these riders at all costs, staying as far in front of them as possible, or at least a very safe distance behind them so that I have time to react in the event of them doing something stupid. There is this one kid, in particular, that I know is going to take himself out before too long though. Just the other day I observed him already attempting to clutch up first gear sit-downs and something that I would be ashamed to call a stoppie. He pulled up to park and was revving his engine and being a typical d-bag.He was doing all of this on his brand new 600RR, no need to mention that he had temp tags, no helmet, jacket or even jeans to protect himself. A tattered hat, t-shirt and shorts were his choice of protectivegear.Well after we all had gone for a ride, a group of us had stopped for gas on the way back to the meeting spot, when we return we find out that the kid on the 600RR had tried to slide his back tire when he was stopping or something and ended up slamming his bike down on the aspalt. The bike was brand new, but now has a missing right mirror, scratched right fairing, right bar end, clutch cover, etc. I wasn't the least bit surprised to hear that he had wrecked when I heard the news. Well tonight, about two days after doing this, the same kid on the same bike ran into the back of me while I was completely stopped at a stop light when we were all heading out for a cruise.[sm=headbang.gif] Ididn't know who hit me at first, butI wasn't surprised to see who it was when I turned around.Now he didn't slam into me or anything but it was enough to where I had to step forward and tense up my legs to keep from losing my balance. I heard the sound of plastic hitting plastic and I got pissed off and put down my kickstand to get off my bike and see what he had done. The first thing I said was "You'd better f@%$#!* hope nothing is messed up on my bike", after I had seen where he had hit me I rubbed off the red paint that had transferred itself on to the white sticker on my tail section and I saw that nothing else was broken or scratched. I didn't blow up on the kid, or threaten him, but I very sternly told him to "watch out next time" and all he had to say was "My bad bro". Now I understand that everyone is a beginner at some point, but this kid was riding a girl tonight, who also had no gear on at all, so my question is this: If you are not capable of handling yourself on a bike, why would you put the lives of others in danger too? If you are a beginner, you should be twice as aware of what is going on around you while riding, and you need to put in some seriousseat time before you start taking passengers with you and endangering them at the same time as you are endangering yourself. I only hope that natural selection will take place very soonand start weeding some of these types out, but I hope that he doesn't take anyone else out in the event that he takes himself out. We had so many wrecks last year in my town from people who were under experienced that were trying to keep up with everyone else, there were at least seven or morewrecks before it was even warm enough to ride at night here! Does anyone else agree or see this as a big problem where they ride too? What would you have done in this situation?
[sm=wtf.gif]

Old 03-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Banned
Default RE: Had a squidly rider run into the back of me tonight...

There is no way I ride in a group with someone like this. You may be able to keep a safe distance, but these asshats draw way to much attention. As if we dont get enough negative attention as it is, this guy rides with no gear and a passanger with no gear.

I would have had some serious words with him after hitting my bike, damage or not. Then I would just not ride with this same group if he is a part of it. Not worh it IMO.

Its sad that we have to refer to things such as natural selection to weed this crap out. Unfortunately as long as there are loans given, anybody can jump on a bike these days. Imagine what it would be like if there were no such thing as motorcycle loans. Then only the truly dedicated would save the amounts of money that is spent on these machines.

The only advice I would have is to try and stick to smaller groups of people that you know and trust.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Retired Administrator

I'll suggest that you find a female rider to tell what ever naive girl that's riding pillion to get the hell off that bike. This way she'll take it serious instead of thinking you're just leg humping.

Everyone has to learn sometime, but they don't have to act like an asshat along the way. I'd explain things to him and set back and watch the train wreck.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:00 PM

what a idiot. it's people like that that you hear on the news about another motorbike accident. Police always blame speed, but you will never hear them say that is was an inexperieced rider on a highly powered bike doing idiotic feats.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:21 PM

I plan on having some serious words with this guy, I was heading home when this happened, so I didn't have a chance to catch him at the next place we stopped. I try to stick with riding with just friends but it seems that thesetypes ofguys just kind of seem to show up and invite themselves to ride with us. They know the usual hang out spots, and they just show up whenever!

Old 03-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the reason the responsible riders have to pay such high insurance rates. Stupid dumb ***.

I went on a ride last year and a kid on a Yamaha R6 (in the yellow limited edition) decided to hook up with us. The little bastard was riding ride on my *** all the way to the coffee shop. When we got there, I had to tell him to back off a little for my safety. If your going to ride like an idiot and possibly hurt or kill yourself, don't bring me or my buddies down with you. JACKASS!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats insane! idk if there are riders like that in my area. typically its the suzuki riders i stay away from. not so much b/c they are a danger...but all they seem to want to do is showboat, rev their motors, and do burnouts. i've found a small, tight group that i trust and thoroughly enjoy riding w/. if im not out w/ them (which b/c of conflicting schedules, im not w/ them)then im out solo....and i LOVE that aswell.

be safe out there....and, i guess..hope everyone else is to.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:03 AM

I would have said.

"Hey *******. First off I'm not a bro. Second, I was there when you first wrecked you little ****. Third, you need to sale the bike and get a tricycle."

Then I would have pointed at the girl. "I hope he doesnt kill you. I dont care if he kills himself but no reason to have someone tag along with this dumbass. Better yet how about you never get on a bike with this dumbass. If you have a brain, you wouldnt."

Old 03-02-2008, 12:15 AM

Yeah dont mean to stereotype but Kiddos where mommy and daddy buy them there first Harley or brand new honda have it coming. I work in a small town in MN where all of the kids come out in the spring on there first bikes that mommy and daddy bought revving their engines and acting like total asshats. There are a few acceptions to the rule but in my experience EVERY1 will lay down their bike once. Wether its in your driveway, down the highway, or just you being a doofus and hitting a sand spot while laying on it. IT HAPPENS SO dont buy your kids a 8k plus bike to beat the crap out of! Sorry just know exactly what you mean .

Old 03-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Banned

Man that sucks dude.

ALWAYS let the new guys out front in traffic. If we're in the city, unless I'm riding with a couple of actual friends, I'm riding clean-up. No way I'm letting some random dick tooth behind me on a racebike. I've got dingleberries older than most of them ****s.

Now if we hit the state highway/backroads... see ya.

Sorry again man.

Quick Reply: Had a squidly rider run into the back of me tonight...