Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Guns (flame free please!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guns (flame free please!!!)

Thats the problem, your making waaaay too much sense......just kidding, very well said. When you look at the statistics for gun related deaths of children, often argumentative ammo, excuse the pun, they often include suicides and 17y/o in the numbers to jack them up and make it look worse. Guess how many medical malpractice issues caused death in the US last year....everyones has a doctor right????? Education is a very critical issue. I remeber leaving my shotgun in the truck at the school during bird season as did lots of students, we didn't shoot each other up.......

Old 08-29-2006, 11:24 PM

The forefathers of this nation saw fit to allow us to carry arms not only for the rght that all free men should do so, but to prevent us from becoming subjects of a tyranical government. They chose that we should not be subjects again and this will "help" with maintaining that right.

Murder is against the law, punish the people who violate the law. If illegal use of a sport bike takes place, should we ban sport bikes? No you go after the perp.

Those with criminal minds, don't need guns to do thier dirty deeds. If they do need a weapon, there is no law that has ever stopped them yet. It only will hurt the citizen and that is how we will become subjects, no longer citizens.

NRA, NMLRA, AMA member.

Shocktroop, when I was in school we did the same as you. We also would bring our rifles to shop class to mount scopes. The only murder I know of that took place in my small community, took place with the perp. using a knife to kill the old couple. We still don't register our knives.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:38 AM

Glad to see some folks still make sense Dave. I can see many of the veiws expressed here. I can agree to disagree, but figure allot of it is upbringing. Not to sound bad or an insult to anyone at all, but I think it is largely a cultural issue that can be leveled with education. I read a great quaote way back when...it was in the first few pages of a newsweek when gun control was in the spotlight....some guy wrote in and said "I don't need a gun, and I don't want a gun, but the day that the government says that I can't have one is the day I go out and buy 5 of them" Hitler was quoted as to have said.."the greatest mistake we could make would be to allow the subject races to possess firearms" Why is that? Now...I'm not going on a history lesson as I am sure I would get schooled by much more educated folks here, but just trying to get the simple idea across that we as a free nation, maintain that freedom from others, but as well from our own government, thats why we are free, we don't hail a queen or bow to a dictator, we choose, and we have liberties. We have the 2A to thank for that, as it insures the others.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:55 AM
Mad

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

I read a great quaote way back when...it was in the first few pages of a newsweek when gun control was in the spotlight....some guy wrote in and said "I don't need a gun, and I don't want a gun, but the day that the government says that I can't have one is the day I go out and buy 5 of them"
That's an awesome quote and says a lot. The moment you tell us we can't do something is the moment we go out and figure out how to do it.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:16 AM

X2mad, I replied to your other post, didn't mean to sound offensive or critical if it comes across as such. Just maybe opening a few doors of thought for rational conversation is all. Thanks

Old 08-30-2006, 03:21 AM

ok i thoughtfully read through everyones posts you all should watch this video *warning it has some swearing* but it sums up what i think about gun control, guns, owning them etc as a responsible educated american if it angers anyone admins feel free to remove it but I think its good for everyone to ponder

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...63083426&q=gun

they do there best to tell several sides of the story and evalutate it from there and reply what i think is the truth

Old 08-30-2006, 03:35 AM

Ok, I'll bite.

First off, here's a bumper sticker that I think is somewhat common and some of you may have seen it, but I like it,

"Gun control means hitting your target."

I also enjoy a day here and there to head out to the hills and let some lead loose. Its somewhat therapeutic for me. That being said, I've never had the urge to use my guns on anyone. I don't carry. The way I see it, if I did use it for self defense, I'd probably be the one that wound up behind bars. It's a twisted world. I'd rather train my reflexes and my body to be fit (think martial arts) so if the need arose I could pull a Bruce Lee or something like that. I'd like to see the day they try to ban fitness! Granted, there are a lot of shmucks out there who care nothing for anyone else and would not care if I lived or passed on to the next world. A gun might make a confrontation somewhat more persuasive, but in the meantime I just try to avoid them. (speaking of which, anyone know what the meantime is??? Anyone?? It's early morning for grouchy risers.) A groaner I know, but I'm tired.

I don't think anyone NEEDs guns, but no one really NEEDs a TV either now do they?

[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 08-30-2006, 03:44 AM
Mad

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

X2mad, I replied to your other post, didn't mean to sound offensive or critical if it comes across as such. Just maybe opening a few doors of thought for rational conversation is all. Thanks
No offense taken brother.. Everyone has their own opinion and I understand that...

Old 08-30-2006, 03:54 AM

cool bro

Old 08-30-2006, 03:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Triangle

I wish I could delete my post here but I can't so I'll just replace it.

If someone told me that if I threw 20c into a river, everyone on the planet who had ever fired a gun killed themselves, then I would throw that 20c coin in a heartbeat... it would kill me too, but it would be well worth it.

Pity it can never happen.
Maybe it's late and I am not understanding this part....but...if you could eliminate evryone who ever fired a weapon....you would do so? May I ask why? Recreational activity warrants death???? Is there something I am missing?

Quick Reply: Guns (flame free please!!!)