Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Guessing Game!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:31 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I decided to pick this up yesterday for some casual rabbit hunting...

I think i got the rabbit... just couldnt find it afterwords

Old 09-17-2010, 09:55 AM

Wow kilgoretrout , nice collection! I hope nobody tries to break into your house lol.

I have been wanting to get a rifle but I dont know what to get, something that is cheap to shoot, and something my wife could handle. My dad has always had alot of guns, mostly pistols and I use to shoot with him all the time. But when i was 11years old I got shot in the chest with a .22 pistol by my best friend playing with a gun...and after that my mom wouldn't let my dad take me out to shoot and I kind of lost interest, but now I want a gun.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, guys.
I have a few more, too. Some aren't pictured for whatever reason...

Name:  IMG_0080.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  75.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0251.jpg
Size:  78.4 KB

Name:  22LRJPG.jpg
Size:  67.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0176-1.jpg
Size:  107.0 KB

UMMMMM planning on starting a war?
Naah. But I wouldn't break into my own house with me in there...
It's mostly that I love to shoot targets, hunt, collect, and trade. My collection is actually small compared to many I've seen.

However, only one of these is an inherited gun (the browning A5 came from my father in law)... and I'm only 29. So I have a ways to go.

Yea I decided to pick this up yesterday for some casual rabbit hunting...
I think i got the rabbit... just couldnt find it afterwords
I believe that gun would accomplish a rabbit vaporization... lol.
I've been playing around with v-max loads and lemme tell ya... they will vaporize small game. It's funny the first time you see a blood cloud through your scope at a couple hundred yards....
That AR on the very top of this post has a 4-20X50 scope on it. It's not even a high dollar scope at all, but with my bulk 55gr reloads I can hit an 8" steel consistently at 300yrds. Animals don't even know that you're there. I should do some videos. Maybe I'll go out and hit up the fields this weekend. (if the wind holds off)

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 09-17-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:55 PM

i got an Imbul .308 that i inherited in marriage...but it only has iron sites. still fun shoot 50-75 yds. gotta love shooting a low recoil gun.

someone i saw has a sks pictured...does your clip come out?? i can't get mine out, and i'm afraid of breaking it trying...i have to use a stripper clip to load mine.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:10 PM

I shot my first gun this summer and I'm hooked. I can't get one while I'm living at home though

Old 09-17-2010, 06:17 PM

Nice looking 1911 - I want to add one to my collection. I've been thinking about a Springfield model.

My Glock 27 is my carry piece.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok all y'all gun nuts. My .380 is misfiring due to light strikes. Before I go thru the hassle of sending it to Taurus (lifetime warranty) is there anything I can try?

I'm thinking of having it ultrasonically cleaned at the firing range nearby, thinking it may have gotten gunked up

Old 09-17-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Ok all y'all gun nuts. My .380 is misfiring due to light strikes. Before I go thru the hassle of sending it to Taurus (lifetime warranty) is there anything I can try?

I'm thinking of having it ultrasonically cleaned at the firing range nearby, thinking it may have gotten gunked up
Clean it (the pin area well) - and stock limp-wrist'ing when you shoot.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Clean it (the pin area well) - and stock limp-wrist'ing when you shoot.
But how else can I curve the bullet?

Ya, that's what I figured. I have an ultrasonic cleaner here but my girlfriend 'reorganized' and I can't find the cord

Old 09-17-2010, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
But how else can I curve the bullet?

Ya, that's what I figured. I have an ultrasonic cleaner here but my girlfriend 'reorganized' and I can't find the cord
haha - good point, I wasn't thinking about the curved bullet shooting. Silly me. hahah

Do those ultrasonic cleaners work well? I've always been sort of skeptical. And I sort of enjoy sitting there cleaning my gun. However I wouldn't mind running each piece through a good sonic cleaning every once in a while.

Quick Reply: Guessing Game!