CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Got two nice rides in today (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/got-two-nice-rides-today-28680/)

mferrari 12-24-2006 12:45 AM

Got two nice rides in today

Just got my bike in Nov and just have my permit right now, but got two nice rides into with about 50 miles on the bike today. Weather was prefect, 60 and sunny for the first ride and thenabout 50 or so later when we went out on a sunset ride.

First one was followin my dad in his pick up out to the dump on some twisty back roads, and then second oneI went with my friend (ninja 500) and his uncle (gixxer 750) for a ride around sunset on some other back roads.

First time I got some real rides in, and first time ridin with other guys on bikes. Very fun and cant wait to get out again tomorrow, riding is becoming very addictive!

doggy69 12-24-2006 01:45 AM

RE: Got two nice rides in today

totally addictive...i find myself looking for places to go....heck you dont need to be going anywhere....driving 4 hrs to dc last week in a cage made me think how much i hate riding in a boring arse car....i remember my first ride on the 929....round the parking lot in first...goosing it a lil....lol suited like a squid in shorts....

TK954RR 12-24-2006 06:37 AM

Riding kicks ass. Supposed to be 41 here tomorrow, and im rollin.

city worker 12-24-2006 01:05 PM

Congrates :Dwinter for me won't be riding for awhile [&o]

danny600rr 12-24-2006 03:29 PM

dude riding is worse than crack when it comes to being addictive..

mferrari 12-24-2006 06:18 PM

Its winter here too but its just too addictive for me, went out today for about an hour and a half untilmy fingers were frozen (note to self, buy winter gloves, summer gloves suck in the cold). And riding is worse than crack, I can see it being more expensive too!

Man its so fun just out riding around everywhere! I cant believe I waited until now to buy a bike, should have done it years ago!

TK954RR 12-24-2006 06:23 PM

Got out today myself, bout 42 and sunny though, went for about 3 hours. Just remember that cold pavement and bike tires dont get along real well. Enjoy the time you can get out but dont go crazy :)

rollin_deist 12-24-2006 08:52 PM

i got my fix today!! it was a solid 46 out and i was gone. ya get those tires good and warm, already had a bad experience with all that

G333 12-24-2006 09:47 PM

Ahaha guys I got a great story.I went out riding today and was doing a couple laps around my street to get the tires warm and the engine warmed up.Since it's Christmas eve alot of cars of my neighboors were coming in for the holidays.As I was doing laps this guy wanted to race me he pulled up alongside me revved his engine [he has 2 hot girls in the car] so I think he was trying to show off.I shaked my head no and the bastard almost hit me.My engine was still cold and it shut off.Any way got a bit embarrased.Any tips on not having your bike stop while not moving?

city worker 12-25-2006 12:52 PM

Don't ride it untill it reaches proper temp, let itwarm up 1st :D