Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

got first ticket tonite

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:20 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got first ticket tonite

Welp got my first bike ticket tonite, 15 years of spotless drivin down the tubes. Well i guess technically not, its a disorderly conduct ticket, but still. Driving in town past a few bars, i saw a few friends walking down the sidewalk so i threw out a little rev, just a couple grand or so (not banging the rev limiter). Got up bout 100 more feet to the stoplight and there wasa cop sitting there, didnt really see him earlier. Well he waved me over and asked if i knew why i was pulled over, i just said no sir. He said he heard me revvin the bike, i said yea i should not have and very sorry for doing so. Well he took my license and came back with a ticket, $297. I guess i will go fight it, i think its kinda lame that he wrote me for it, heck my bike is about 1/10 th as loud *** all the harleys around here. Oh well, if i can get it reduced good, if not i did do wrong and i will pay for it.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:42 AM
Default RE: got first ticket tonite

that is a bs ticket. fight that a warning would have been fine who is he to say if its to loud or not does he have a device to measure how loud its supposed to be? what time was it at?

Old 07-22-2007, 04:41 AM

I always heard, ride a wheelie and your done. Yesterday my brother rode a wheelie in anderson and got on the freeway. About 5 miles later he noticed the lights coming up behind him so he pulled over. Cop says, Well took you a while to pull over eh?. Brother says, couldn't see you so sorry. Cop asks, so why did I pull you over. Brother says, not sure sir. Cop says, that was quite a wheelie over by the outlets. My brother told him it was his brothers bike and he wasn't used to it. (Used to be mine and I gave it to him but haven't notified dmv yet). My brother told him, well officer you know these litre bikes. I gave it gas and it just came up. The cop says, "well it looked pretty good to me" and took his license back to his car. Then a second cop pulls up and my brother is screwed. Well they both came up to him and my brother asks, "so officer what kind of ticket am I gonna get for this". Cop tells him, I'm gonna let you off on this one. But If you want to ride any more wheelies do it in the country and not here in the city of Anderson. Tell me how lucky he is for that

Old 07-22-2007, 04:49 AM

I would look up the law on a disordery conduct charge before you do anything. I susp[ect that you should have gotten some sort of noise ticket, but I can't possibly see how they could have written an disorderly conduct.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:14 AM
VP

revving your engine costs $300 now? man there are gonna be some pissed off high school kids...

I'll ask my girlfriend/lawyer what you can do about it and I'll get back to ya.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:25 AM

Thats crazy. I got a peace disturbance ticket from my bike idleing in my driveway...that was really BS..however, if you look at my myspace pay you will see the local cops love me since I try and buy them all new tires and keep there cars serviced..LOL

Old 07-22-2007, 10:57 AM

Man... You have managed to never get caught in 15 years doing anything wrong and he gave you a ticket for rev'in up a few g's to get your friend's attention.... OUCH!!!

Fight it for sure.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Well he took my license and came back with a ticket, $297. I guess i will go fight it, i think its kinda lame that he wrote me for it, heck my bike is about 1/10 th as loud *** all the harleys around here.

$297?!?!

[sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif]
That's just ridiculous.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:16 PM

That's some BS right there man. Fight that[sm=bs.gif]

Old 07-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

revving your engine costs $300 now? man there are gonna be some pissed off high school kids...

I'll ask my girlfriend/lawyer what you can do about it and I'll get back to ya.

Thanks bro, shoot me a pm if ya got anything good i should note. Its for Aug 21st to i have some time. Yea he wrote me for the max, he said that way if i go to court the judge has something to "work with" if he wants to reduce it for me. I have certainly broken a few laws in my years of riding, and i know if i get nailed up on one, or something stupid like that i will just stop and take my medicine, heck im sure im overdue, but this one kinda erks me. It was 12:22 am for what its worth, very busy out, was in section of town with all the bars lining the streets. Just a hunch but i think he didnt write me a noise ord. because my bike isnt all that loud, and i could prolly beat that one easy.

Quick Reply: got first ticket tonite