Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Good Cop / Owned Cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Good Cop / Owned Cop

Because a lot of kids like to call cops pigs and think that it's cool to hate them. It's even cooooooler to post negative crap about them.

You can bet that if he ever needs a cop and it takes more than 3 minutes to find one he'll be screaming about that too.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

OWNED COP: Here's the best part. ... I can hear him drive along up the street. OWNED! That ******** was expecting some action for the night with a suspicious looking van cruising the neighborhood and he was all set to go.
So in summary:
1) He may or may not have a report of some sort with a vehicle fitting the description of yours ..
2) He may or may not be trying to protect you, your home and/or possessions from suspicious activity ...
3) He then is thus a ******** and owned ???
4) He does absolutely nothing to you, no questions or anything, and he "was expecting some action"???

I don't usually reply to threads like these .. nor in the above in your face manner ... sorry, I think "TheX" took over my brain [8D] ... peace out
Generally I like to keep it light but in readingyour reply to dwhite645 I'll respond. This type of behavior by the local policeman wasodd and little overly agressive.Run the plate, look at the street sign, put two and two together and drive away. Reading your somewhat emotionalresponse makes me question if you're possibly wearing underwear that is too tight. This could be a concern if you're considering fathering a child in the foreseeable future. Ithas been documented thatmen whoconstrict their genitals with tight fitting clothing may encounter problems impregnatingtheir wives. I hope this little tidbit helps.

[sm=itsok.gif]

Old 08-05-2007, 07:20 PM

5 white guys, well ones iranian but looks like a white boy, once got pulled over bcuz the headlights were not adjusted right haha, man, some cops have nothing to do at night.... but really, i would have been interested in wut a van that looks like something like the one in "home alone" crusing through some homes...

Old 08-05-2007, 07:25 PM

Reading your somewhat emotionalresponse makes me question if you're possibly wearing underwear that is too tight.
i hate it when i cacth myself with my undies too tight or my panies in a bunch.... makes me feel stupid ahah

Old 08-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

Gee, one wonders why an LEO who was just invovled in busting a bunch of guys robbing a house might be a little jumpy about someone coming up behind him. Don't they have esp or something that lets them tell friend from foe? First rule in that situation for the observer is: stay indoors, don't try to get involved. First rule for the LEO is: be really sure someone approaching from behind in the dark isn't a threat.

I join the chorus who would thank the cops for being around to check out suspicious activity. It's much nicer to have the cops deal with thieves before they hit your house than you deal with them while they are in process, or deal with what's left after they're finished. If he drove up behind you in an intimidating manner, good enough. Anything to take the psychological advantage on a suspect. The title of this thred should be "Good Cop, Another Good Cop"

Old 08-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: zorgen

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

OWNED COP: Here's the best part. ... I can hear him drive along up the street. OWNED! That ******** was expecting some action for the night with a suspicious looking van cruising the neighborhood and he was all set to go.
So in summary:
1) He may or may not have a report of some sort with a vehicle fitting the description of yours ..
2) He may or may not be trying to protect you, your home and/or possessions from suspicious activity ...
3) He then is thus a ******** and owned ???
4) He does absolutely nothing to you, no questions or anything, and he "was expecting some action"???

I don't usually reply to threads like these .. nor in the above in your face manner ... sorry, I think "TheX" took over my brain [8D] ... peace out
Generally I like to keep it light but in reading your reply to dwhite645 I'll respond. This type of behavior by the local policeman was odd and little overly agressive. Run the plate, look at the street sign, put two and two together and drive away. Reading your somewhat emotional response makes me question if you're possibly wearing underwear that is too tight. This could be a concern if you're considering fathering a child in the foreseeable future. It has been documented that men who constrict their genitals with tight fitting clothing may encounter problems impregnating their wives. I hope this little tidbit helps.

[sm=itsok.gif]

As much as I appreciate your concern for my boys (they are a little itchy but nothing tight), and due to your recent venture outside of keeping it light ... I'll just entertain your reply by saying I had very little emotion when posting (you read too much into it) so have a cheese sandwich and a coke and relax. There are so many FTP type posts on this board that it would be ludicrous to reply with real emotion. While I will not fart in your general direction [8D], I will say that you strike me as the type of lad who also gets their panties in a bunch when airport security checks a middle eastern looking person with a long beard and a back pack a little more closely ... mind you this post was also posted with one eye on the ESPN sunday night baseball game, so little to no emotion in this one either.

I had the exact same thing happen to me (minus the molester van) as DWhite not too long ago and when I pullled into my garage I looked at the cop parked at the top of my driveway for a second then went in my house and continued on with my life w/out another thought about it .. no posting how he was owned or any other b.s.

p.s. In case you're wondering Mets are winning over the cubs 5-0 in the bottom of the 6th.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:31 PM

[/quote]

As much as I appreciate your concern for my boys (they are a little itchy but nothing tight), and due to your recent venture outside of keeping it light ... I'll just entertain your reply by saying I had very little emotion when posting (you read too much into it) so have a cheese sandwich and a coke and relax. There are so many FTP type posts on this board that it would be ludicrous to reply with real emotion. While I will not fart in your general direction [8D], I will say that you strike me as the type of lad who also gets their panties in a bunch when airport security checks a middle eastern looking person with a long beard and a back pack a little more closely ... mind you this post was also posted with one eye on the ESPN sunday night baseball game, so little to no emotion in this one either.

I had the exact same thing happen to me (minus the molester van) as DWhite not too long ago and when I pullled into my garage I looked at the cop parked at the top of my driveway for a second then went in my house and continued on with my life w/out another thought about it .. no posting how he was owned or any other b.s.

p.s. In case you're wondering Mets are winning over the cubs 5-0 in the bottom of the 6th.

[/quote]

Well said! I have to say I am flattered being referred to as a lad. As the years creep on I still feel great and can run and jump with the best of em but at 53 very few call me a lad. Honestly, thanks for that, it brightened up my day! I was having fun with you in my reply, I felt a little mischeveous at the time and decided to chime in. Please don't take my comments as anything more than harmless dribble. Actually, I support any increased security when it comes toour middle eastern friends. This maynot be taken well by them but better safe than sorrywhen so many lives are at stake.

See yaround the site!!

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-06-2007, 03:48 PM

I wanna see a picture of you van, just to see if it looks likethose vans withthe guy inside that has lots of candy for children.

Don't worry about the cop as long as he wasn't writing you a ticket or arresting you, he is probally helping you or your neighborhood in some way.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:57 PM

dwhite. It's no wonder really! I mean , I've seen your van , and , well. Maybe you should consider a new paint job.

Name:  funny.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  28.8 KB

Old 08-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Registered Users

@Kewl Breeze no need to bring the cubbies into this....just no reason...

as for the topic, i usually don't chime in on subjects like these either but i wanted to add my albeit slight opinion to the mix...

first let me say my close friend and brother-in-law are cops and i know quite a few and i respect them wholeheartedly for what they do...

second, for everyone yelling at either side, let's be reasonable and understand that both sides have valid points...

PRO-Cop - yes, the cop was doing his job and looking out after a neighborhood, yes i would want him to do the same, yes i understand the risks involved with a cop's life where unsuspecting people are a huge threat and they need to protect themselves....HOWEVER...

BAD-Cop - being a cop, and doing what you do does not give you free reign to act unreasonable...(i didn't say d**k or anything derogatory, just unreasonable)...unfortunately some cops believe that as long as they have a good interest in mind (sometimes a not so good interest) they can do whatever is necessary....some of you might agree with this, but if you understood the ramifications of this, i think you would be more weary...i finished law school and read 100s of cases of police abuse of power...these abuses can come from anything as small as profiling to planting evidence to illegal searches, etc....the reason we have rules of conduct and rules against certain types of behaviors (or should i say levels of acceptable behavior) for cops is to ensure innocent people don't give up their rights to justify a "greater good"....for everyone that says we should, you are probably partially correct...however, human nature is power hungry and if you start that ball rolling, it will end up out of control with cops creating a justification for something and not being questioned on their actions....

listen...i am for cops, i really am....it's just i want them to act reasonable...as was stated....run the plates follow, etc....trailing hard behind someone or making them fearful is the wrong behavior, yeah it gets the job done....so would have pulling him over, detaining him, etc...but that would have been overkill....just because it works doesn't make it right...i want that officer to patrol, but i don't want to be a suspect all the time because of this...there is a balance that needs to be struck between the two....

to any officers i may have offended, i'm sorry....if you're a straight up cop that follows the rules, i commend you....if you feel that your badge and gun gives you the ability to do whatever and feel you can justify by some loose excuse, you need to think what you would do if another cop did that to you and didn't give you professional courtesy....bet you would be pissed....

and finally...cops aren't ALL angels....a cop i know (i know him personally) saw a car parked in front of his house for a few days...he was annoyed so he took off the plates, called in to the station and the car towed....think about that....??? i guess he could have said it was suspicious....if he needed justification, but he didn't even need any, just called it in.....that's an abuse right there when no one is looking....when we are looking and we accept unreasonable behavior, it will get worse....

just my .02, feel free to blast me, i don't mind...i am also willing to engage in discussion, but i won't engage in a bitch fest.....happy riding, and officers....thanks!

Quick Reply: Good Cop / Owned Cop