Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Good Cop / Owned Cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Good Cop / Owned Cop

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

OWNED COP: Here's the best part. ... I can hear him drive along up the street. OWNED! That ******** was expecting some action for the night with a suspicious looking van cruising the neighborhood and he was all set to go.
So in summary:
1) He may or may not have a report of some sort with a vehicle fitting the description of yours ..
2) He may or may not be trying to protect you, your home and/or possessions from suspicious activity ...
3) He then is thus a ******** and owned ???
4) He does absolutely nothing to you, no questions or anything, and he "was expecting some action"???

I don't usually reply to threads like these .. nor in the above in your face manner ... sorry, I think "TheX" took over my brain [8D] ... peace out
Dayumm, great reply.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both good cops ! If the second cop would have made a move on you before you exited the van for your house, he would have still been in the right. He was just snoopin, he's allowed to !

Old 08-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Retired Moderator

Hey Dwhite...were you driving OldFatGuy's molestor van or something?

Old 08-05-2007, 12:28 PM

I have to agree that the second cop was probably suspicious of your vehicle. What do you think a thief would use to transport things he just stole from a house? An old van. Be grateful that he was there doing his job. When your belongings take off one night you're out, you'll wish that cop was there.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Hey Dwhite...were you driving OldFatGuy's molestor van or something?
No way! I got my own molester van now! Apparently it fits the bill too...

It's one thing to pull out behind me in a reasonable manner...it's another to sit in wait and tear off behind me and ride my *** like I just robbed the donut shop. It really is profiling, and I don't appreciate it. Meter maid with a gun.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr
When your belongings take off one night you're out, you'll wish that cop was there.
No, he'll post a thread about how worthless cops are and how they're never around when you need them.

The type of people that make assertions such as these are the same type that can't be talked to. You'll never get through to them, they'll always feel as if they're being done wrong and how everyone else in the world is out to get them when they never did nothing wrong and they're always getting screwed without deserving it.

BMG, you amaze me. You go poking your nose where it doesn't belong, puff your chest up in your front yard like a ****ing primate and proceed to tell the cops how to do their jobs. You then pound on your chest while maintaining that you have every right to stand on your front porch. I'm going to go ahead and guess you had the most non-confrontational approach to the whole situation to, right? And that cop was just on a power trip telling you to back off.

Poor, BMG. Those cops had no right, did they? After all, it's not like you were just another smartass mouth they had to deal with that night and you only had the best interest of the neighborhood in mind, right? I just don't understand why cops come off as dicks to some people...

How would you like it if everytime you went to work, a cop showed up telling you how to sweep the floors better? I guess it's not the same, though. Seeing as how you pay their salary it becomes your right to walk onto your front porch and tell them how to do their jobs better whilethey deal with a stressful situation. I completely understand your point of view, you were only trying to help, right? How dare he come at you with a short andcurt attitude and tell you to back off? I mean, they're cops, not people. They're not supposed to have human emotion during a stressfull event.

I'd be pissed off if I lived in a nice neighborhood and cops stopped every ****ty van that rolled through my neighborhood at night. I'd be like, "what the hell officer? It's just a ****ty, generic van perusing the quiet streets of my neighborhood. Why does that have to be suspicious."

Actually, I would have also recommended approaching the cop and asking him what his problem was. After his answer is deemed insufficient I would proceed to tell him where he can stick his nightly patrols and observations of my quiet little neighborhood. After all, if they guy would just not stay gone, you folks in your homes would have nothing to ever worry about. You can deal with thieves and peeping toms all by yourselves. I mean, it is legal to carry firearms, right? Hell, I'd rather kill someone who was making a stupid decision instead of letting the cops catch him before he does anything. I don't know about you, but I don't have enough going on in my life. I need something like a justified shooting to help me fill my downtime. I sleep too good at night, I seriously need the death of another man making a stupid decision weighing on my mind. And it wouldn't affect the kids, something like that. Kids are resilliant, they'll be joking and talking about it all next week in school. Talking about how daddy shot and killed some random scumbag and they got to hear and see it. Phsychiatrists today have made such advancements in therapy that it is unlikely they would have emotional suffereing that lasted any longer than 3 years... 4 at the most.

Thank you for sharing your story, you're right. I loved it!

Old 08-05-2007, 02:14 PM

I know what I'm going to do now...I'm going to paintthe vanblack, paint a red stripe down the side and add a red wing on top identical to the A Team's van. Then the army can profile me too and I'll have Col. Decker up my ***!

Old 08-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

^ kid that made me laugh thanks for that.
also on a side note when cops are dealign with someone and other people start coming around they dont know those peoples inetentions so thats why they are usually like "get back!" even if you werent doing anything and just watching .

case in point i was watching a epsiode of cops andthey were arresting2 guys in frontof a store and a 3man (who wasnt initally involved) came over and the cops asked him to get back then he started to gointo his pockets like he was reaching for a weapon (even after repeatedrequests from the cops to take his handsout and put them up) finally they had to wrestle him down to the ground and they asked why he got involved and he said it was he constitutional right to see what was happeningthat he wasnt breaking any laws (refusing the request of the cops seems like a bad move to make to me) anyways it turns out that man # 3 knew the other two men who were getting detained and wanted to see what was happening with his friends and yes man #3 was either high or drunk.

this just shows an example of when cops are doing their job they dont have the chance to let their guard down to everyone else who is around and only worry about the subject in question because for all the cops know the people coming out of their houses will start attacking the cops ..

Old 08-05-2007, 02:39 PM

imo he wasn't out to harras you or he would have.I think if he had a powertrip he woulda held you up and been a *****.I wouldn't mind a cop doing that in my neighborhood honestly

Old 08-05-2007, 04:22 PM

So, they should ignore old, ratty vans cruising the neighborhood? I fail to see the logic in your 'profiling' defense. If I had a cop do that to me in my car or van, I would have talked with him, thanked him for keeping an eye on things, and told him to have a safe night. Why be so defensive about a cop protecting your neighborhood?

Quick Reply: Good Cop / Owned Cop