CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Gonna be a long summer ... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/gonna-long-summer-37399/)

suicidal 04-26-2007 08:25 PM

Gonna be a long summer ...

So this is my first bike. I'm focused on being good and wearing my gear, but i dont know what the hell im gonna do this summer...

It was only85 degrees today and i was pretty damn hot.

mkhaynesaz 04-26-2007 08:27 PM

RE: Gonna be a long summer ...

man just wear your gear it hit 100 here yesterday and it was hot but please wear your gear.. i got a joe rocket jacket its a mesh with a remoable liner and its not so bad just sucks when siting in traffic but once i am moving its nice

tomp 04-26-2007 08:32 PM

I wear a preferated leather jack. It gets hot but I wear it all the time.

transambird_2000 04-26-2007 08:35 PM

Ya Middle of the day sucks. But imagine your ass sliding down the 140 degree pavement without gear. Joe Rocket makes some Mesh Jackets that i have heard are great for air flow. I have a leather perforated one from alpinestar thats fine moving but is just as hot as my other jackets sitting still. I am going to invest in one of the textile versions that are lighter for those hot days.

Ueafa 04-26-2007 08:41 PM

Living in Arizona you get used to the heat very easily. It's only a burden when you stop, cause thats when you really start to feel the heat... You'll be fine though, everything takes a little getting used to at first. Whatever you do, where your helmet, whats the point of looking cool when half your face is gone?

JZHALES 04-26-2007 09:03 PM

just wear shorts and a tank top man sandals have the best airflow of any shoe out there [sm=smiley20.gif]

outsider8 04-26-2007 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

just wear shorts and a tank top man sandals have the best airflow of any shoe out there [sm=smiley20.gif]

Attachment 83047

TennesseeCBRF2 04-26-2007 09:33 PM

I'd rather be hot and sweaty than rashed and bloody.

pell 04-26-2007 09:35 PM

when it starts getting extremely hot (well over 100), exposed skin gets burned due to convection.... covering your body (vented or not) will cool ya down.

Donohu40 04-26-2007 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: pell

when it starts getting extremely hot (well over 100), exposed skin gets burned due to convection.... covering your body (vented or not) will cool ya down.
it's true, why else would people wear all those cloths and stuff in the middle east.

+ your gonna be sitting less then a foot above an engine so no matter what you'll be hot if your not moving.

ks511 04-26-2007 10:51 PM

I also have a JoeRocket Reactor Jacket ,the Airflow is pretty good.
You can't compromise saftey!

voodoochyl 04-27-2007 12:31 AM

Yeah, I wonder what you are wearing now...I also have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket, and as long as I am moving, it works great. Also, the air vents in your helmet are going to help out a lot...keep your melon as cool as possible.

bornluckee13 04-27-2007 12:35 AM

Yea, it was only like 85 today and my full leathers were killin me!(Sitting still) But I just HAD to have the black.... I'm an idiot, shoulda got the white ones.......

JZHALES 04-27-2007 03:13 AM

try being at the stunt spot for hours in full gear, yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa im just gonna buy some elbow pads and rock it with my icon vest i guess

suicidal 04-27-2007 05:38 AM

Yeah, i have a joe rocket rasp jacket, its textile/mesh i guess... I dont plan on taking it off... It's tempting though because of all the people that dont wear gear around here... I mean, none of them. Unless it's cold out, then no one is riding xcept for me :( lol.

JZHALES 04-27-2007 01:44 PM

go buy a jacket with A.) a removable liner, B.) zippers that open just for vents, my new jacket is hot as **** but those vents kick ass

Err 04-27-2007 01:49 PM

try being at the stunt spot for hours in full gear, yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa im just gonna buy some elbow pads and rock it with my icon vest i guess
you're nuts man.

i sweat like a pig with just my helmet on, i don't know how you could wear a leather...

CBRCRF 04-27-2007 01:56 PM

Ive said this on another thread but my leather jacket has two huge vents. One on each side that runs from arm pit tohip.It vents reallywell. But I guess Ill find out how well it does when it gets to about 90 this summer.

HAVOC 04-27-2007 03:24 PM

hey if bike cops wear tshirts then that is good enough for me :) lol jus joking. suicidal i totally understand how youre feeling. like this morning , it gorgeous ! i didnt want to wear my jacket but i know that id rather play it safe then sorry . so ofcourse i have my leather jacket right here next to me , now i just need to get rid of my all black helmet ! lol and youre right it is going to be a long summer

Joe Rocket 04-27-2007 04:04 PM

Keep yourself hydrated. It helps quite a bit in those really hot days. If your looking at buying new gear, buy something made of lighter colors, They reflect the sun instead of absorbing the heat from it.

JZHALES 04-28-2007 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Err

you're nuts man.

i sweat like a pig with just my helmet on, i don't know how you could wear a leather...

nah son i def dont have leathers lol, textile is how i roll, but soon enough im gonna just rock the elbow pads and vest

voodoochyl 04-28-2007 12:42 AM

nah son i def dont have leathers lol, textile is how i roll, but soon enough im gonna just rock the elbow pads and vest
Are you $hittin? Sometimes I can't tell when you are f_ckin' around. Are you talking about wearing soccer gearwhen you are stunting, or as a full time rider (with an expired endorsement, no mirrors, no lights, etc...). You're killin' me Smalls! [:@]

JZHALES 04-28-2007 12:54 AM

just when i stunt, but not yet i still roll jacket with some alpinestars shin pads and that icon vest soon im gonna get some alpstar elbow pads and just rock those and the vest instead of the jacket for stunt, helmet always, but when im in the street i stay full gear, always man i dont give a **** if its 100 degrees id just assume not ride than go out in this city without gear, entirely too many soccer moms/ young girls on cell phones, i honestly dont even like being on the road anymore its truley scary here, i get pulled out in front of on a daily basis, i need to get another bike asap for the streets[&:]

WhiteDealershipRice 04-28-2007 12:56 AM

"There is a certain Darwinian element to those who refuse to wear their gear"

Quoted from a first responder cop...

JZHALES 04-28-2007 01:02 AM

i really hope thats not in reference to me

WhiteDealershipRice 04-28-2007 01:12 AM

^^ Dood You just said that You would'nt be caught dead on the street without your gear.
And you're still wearing a lid, a chest protectos, and elbow pads when you're stunting (I'm assuming low speed stunting, not the "standing in the tank at highway speeds" kind of bull**** some people pull)
No, I just mean that it doesn't matter how hot it gets, If you're going to play amongst the Soccer moms on their 3 ton+ SUVs, you've better be protected.

JZHALES 04-28-2007 01:16 AM

hhaha yea my bad just some ppl here dont read things thru before they respond, soccer moms scare me, so do asian women,really fat black women, blondes of any age, and sissy men that drive girly cars

voodoochyl 04-28-2007 01:42 AM

hhaha yea my bad just some ppl here dont read things thru before they respond, soccer moms scare me, so do asian women,really fat black women, blondes of any age, and sissy men that drive girly cars
...time for me to jack this thread. I work for a heavy equipment rental yard (salesman), and sometimes adult men come into the yard in a minivan...we allhave a good laugh, and wonder who wears the pants in the relationship..

JZHALES 04-28-2007 02:00 AM

yea man, im not gonna drop any make and models but you should know if you drive one, and i seen this one guy on the highway in a white taurus, in a plain white shirt with a tie, and im thinking, this guy looks like he hates life, and does anyone remember the guy from england that posted on here because his girl was also his banker / mommy / daddy / slavemaster and she wouldnt pay for his bike insurance so he couldnt get an f4i, and he blamed it on stunters?

HAVOC 04-28-2007 05:52 AM

yes i do :Di remember laughing alot... thinking of him again makes me laugh ... thanks jz