Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

glock 27

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: glock 27

ORIGINAL: mikey1297

chain is that your ar-15?
looks like it is....i was actually holding my brothers last night, but it could also be the carbine, hence the quote. but my step dad has an ar-15 and its much bigger, so if that is the carbine, which i think it is, i was misinformed, but i dont know if they make multiple sizes of the ar-15, so i dont know for sure. one nice piece of machinary.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, that's mine. Rock River M-4 model flat top carbine with bells and whistles. Shoots like a champ.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet, maybe one day i can afford one 1st i have to stop buying stuff for my bike so it probly wont be soon lol

Old 09-04-2006, 09:32 PM

I really like the H&k's...the lack of safety on glocks kinda scares me...bc when they point at ya there is no safety on an itchy trigger finger its good for law enforcement but kinda scarey for civilians imo....

Old 09-05-2006, 02:48 AM

Depends on what, who, when where and why you'd have a pistol pointed at you. One of two things, you deserve it, or you keep bad company.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:50 AM

get the SA XD40 and invest in some heinie straight 8 night sights for it, much better target aquisition than stock. That comment about no safties being good for law enforcement is hilarious, most(not all) cops shoot sub par at best, I shot well enough my first time shooting a pistol to pass the qualifying exam for L.E.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:11 PM

What I meant by a "Real Gun" is just that I prefer my gun to feel like a real weapon not a toy. Yes the glock has a plastic frame and some pretty stupid design flaws in my oppinion. Just holding the glocks they feel very toy like and I prefer a little weight to what I shoot. They both pact the same punch no difference there. The main design flaw that strikes me as really idiotic and kind of puts up a giant red flag for me with glocks is, who the hell puts a saftey on the trigger, pointless design if you ask me. The Sig has no safety, so if you are a responsible gun user your brain is the safety. It does however make use of what is called a hammer block safety which is brilliant. a metal block is in between the firing pin until the trigger is pulled which then allows the pin access to the round. This means that if you drop your gun and it lands on the hammer with a round in the chamber no accidental discharge. The other thing I like is it is a proven fact the Sig is a much more reliable weapon than the glock. I have an article in a gun magazine where they did a 10,000 round test on the Sig P220 and they only did basic cleaning in between every 1k rounds. they only malfunctions during the entire test were human related. Poorly loaded magazines, a few dud rounds, etc. What they found after the test was also amazing. 10k rounds only broke the gun in, it actually shot a closer group after the 10k rounds. (Using the gun rest with gun locked in to eliminate any human aiming factors)
I know the police around here carry glocks but every one of them I have ever met at the range has expressed that they wished they'd change over to the Sigs.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:06 AM

"The other thing I like is it is a proven fact the Sig is a much more reliable weapon than the glock." Where did you come up with that? Out of a Sig advertisement? Most of the hand guns mentioned so far including the Sig are based on the Glock design. Thats a fact.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When Glock was still very new in the U.S. there was a gun show I went to where they had a table set up. You got to take their gun and throw it as far as you could. Whoever threw it the furthest won it. If it didn't fire/hit the target then they'd give you a new one outta the box. Needless to say they didn't have to give a new one away. At the time that was quite a feat. Not that a normal person goes around throwing his gun as far as possible. They had a video at that same gun show where they did other torture tests on it. One was the 10K round test. Another was the "bury it for 2 weeks in the sand at the beach". They took it out of the sand, shook it off and fired every round in the clip.

The safety issue is a non-issue to me. If I have to draw a gun on someone I'm not wanting to have to squeeze a palm device or fiddle around with a manual safety. Point and shoot. Other peeps prefer the 1911 style of safety or a manual type. Heck, that's why they make different kinds. Even today there are idiots that still manage to shoot themselves while cleaning the gun -- so 'safety' is a misnomer anyway. The only real safety on any firearm is between your ears ... use it.

Old 09-08-2006, 03:01 AM

you will never go wrong with a SIG or a BERETTA. my recomendations over any thing else. i own both, and if you clean everytime after shooting, they will never jam, misfire, or f___ up in a hope not real life situation of killing a motha fu_ka.