Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

giant squid

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: giant squid

not just viscosity *******, he was totally clueless, as for the duc riding ***** comment, every genre of rider has its own stereotype, maybe you should look into the stereotype for ducati riders, ive seen some of your posts, and you seem to fit perfectly. theres alot of guys around here with litre class bikes that def should not be on them, too many in fact, some of them have been known to use car oil in their bikes, its very distrubing that someones first ride is something like that, when they have no knowledge of whats going on with it.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My attitude isn't anydifferent than when I owned a honda but you wouldn't havesaid anything about me being a ***** 6 months ago.Maybe you should stop trying to figure out how to put everyone under a stereotype.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:29 PM

thats just me hating cause i cant afford a duc, but i have seen some posts youve made before the ducati, that made me think that, nothing to do with the ducati, i based that opinion more so on a few posts of yours that ive read

Old 04-10-2007, 04:36 PM

DANGGGGGGGGGGG, its rough in here today.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

i went to cycle gear today to check if they had a part, and there was this guy standin beside the counter with his girl, looked like he was about 30 and looked basically pretty stupid, he was askin what kinda oil he should put in his bike, i didnt pay any attention to it, untill the girl behind the counter asked what he rode... an R1!!! if youre not experience enough to know what kind of ****in oil to use, (he had NO CLUE) you dont deserve an r1[sm=headbang.gif]
that is a some warped logic!

looking stupid doesnt mean anything - he could be much smarter than you think
My friend has been riding for 8 years and he is one hell of a rider. He has no idea how to do an oil change, what oil to use etc. Does that make him a squid?

Old 04-10-2007, 04:57 PM

yea true, i did jump the gun in assuming he was a squid, but had you seen him, you woulda known, my main point was that most riders change their own oil, at least everyone i ride with does, and that if he doesnt know what to use at all, not just weight, it means hes probably pretty new to riding, and if thats true, he shouldnt be on an R1, the bike scene here in raleigh is terrible, probably 8 or 9 outta 10 you see are squids, and thats not even an exaggeration, its so irritating, you can never find decent people to ride with, everyone just wants to cruise thru the city and ****, so whenever i see someone like that its almost sure thing theyre just like the rest of em

Old 04-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Banned

Although I am capable of chaing the oil in my vette ( I did the cam and timing chain myself as well a water pump/alternator power steering pump/shocks/springs/brakes/interior/stereo....) I don't do it any more. Neither do I do the S2000 or the Accord.

The Bike I am doing only because of the cost at the dealer, they are twice the price than for the S2000/accord/vette and it is simple. Am I a squid, Am I not deserving of an R1 or an F4i? Vehicle maintenance sucks, but it has to be done so you make a decision based on $$$versus how much it annoys you.

If you enjoy it then do it. If you can afford to do it and it annoys you, pay someone else. I'd rather ask 10 people what oil to use in my bike than use the wrong one and wind up with my clutch slipping.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:52 PM

Is there any chance that guy at the counter was CBRcorey???

Old 04-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey

My attitude isn't anydifferent than when I owned a honda but you wouldn't havesaid anything about me being a ***** 6 months ago.Maybe you should stop trying to figure out how to put everyone under a stereotype.
im not so sure everyone would agree to that [sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 04-10-2007, 08:22 PM

did u get a new bike havoc?

Quick Reply: giant squid