Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ghosts ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Ghosts ?

ORIGINAL: RCR

The only thing I have no explanation for is, when a room gets cold all of a sudden and then goes back to normal after a few minutes. Not like in the movies where you can see your breath but drops enough to know its not normal.
Thats an easy one RCR :-) .. everything is an energy game, if there are entities or spirits in a room that want to manifest themselves in some way they simply draw the energy out of the room and that is often the heat, so you get a sudden temperature drop

OR

There was draft!! ..lol ;-)

Jules

Old 11-15-2008, 06:49 AM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its tuff being God

If two boxers are gettingready to fight in the ring and they both kneel down and pray for the strength to win the fight. Who wins?

Old 11-15-2008, 08:05 AM

I agree that some things can be explained but not all things. One of my favorite shows on this topic is Paranormal State on Discovery. They get hundreds of requests for people to have them come help them but they only go to the most severe. http://www.aetv.com/paranormal-state/ps-episode-guide.jsp Check out Episode 29 and try to explain it.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 AM

ive had some weird experiences...nothing too bad though... as long as theyre just playful and not trying to harm you or scare you just enjoy it. leave a voice recorder(digital so it can run all night) next time you set up the pool table.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How do you explain the psychic who assists the police and is correct ?
Who do they talk to, if not spirits or other entities ?
It's not luck........or is it ?
Hmmmmmm

Old 11-15-2008, 10:52 AM

Good point. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

3 more posts for the first magic number, Hoo.....

Old 11-15-2008, 11:31 AM

Thanks man. It has been a long time coming. Being unemployed has help out a little as well.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 PM

I am a strict atheist, with many of my earlier years being exposed to Greek Orthodox Christianity. It never took hold though. Sorry, but the chances of being reunited with those relatives that annoyed the Hell out of you during the holidays are very slim. When the brain starts to be deprived of oxygen, you often begin to hallucinate as well as experience euphoria, a small gift from evolution, which has been duplicated in a controlled environment. That does not mean that a "soul" is getting ready to take flight to either a paradise or an abandoned house, which there are alot of due to foreclosures. Most of the people who have an experience with a ghost, are already predisposed to believe that somehow we survive death. Or they don't really investigate deeper into one of the many physical causes of what makes things go bump in the night. Women tend to be more into spirituality than men because they are more emotional, and establishing truth based on an emotional feeling is always the correct thing to do anyways. A little sarcasm never hurt anyone.

Sure, it's easy to say things like how we all go to some other plane of existence, but there is no evidence that this happens. My grandmother, a woman and VERY religious, two points that favor a tendency towards supernatural explanations, once though that the spirit of my dead grandfather led her up into my room to show her that I had a pet snake, which I wasn't allowed to have. I came home from work and she was crying and told me how I was such a liar and that I had to get rid of the snake. Now my grandfather led a great life, full of courage and honor and he served his country as well. So after 73 fulfilling years, the only thing he gets to do is hang around the house and rat out his grandson, after he dies? Of course the door to the attic where I lived would open just a tiny bit when I would forget to slam it shut, which I did since I drank alot back then so I tend to favor this explanation over spirits. Me, I have never had anything happen to me that would make me believe that I have seen a ghost. When you're dead, you're dead. No big deal...

Old 11-15-2008, 02:28 PM

How can you explain demons taking over someone? There is something about it that just does not sit well.

Quick Reply: Ghosts ?