Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ghost Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 04:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghost Rider

[:@]Was the most [:'(]hideous [>:]horrible [&:]poor acting [&o]lame ***, kiddy movie i've ever seen in my life. I actually paid $20 for my sister and I to go see that lame piece of trash. I actually like Nick Cage, but he was horrible in that movie. They didn't explain enough, the storyline was too fast even for sportbikes, and the overall fight scenes, script,and bad guys were just stupid. My sister(who is 14) liked it, and I think I heard some little kids in the back of the theatre screaming, so I've come to the conclusion that it's a kid movie. And that kids like it cause it's cool to them. But for an adult like myself it was completely revolting. I mean marvels Incredible Hulk, and Fantastic Four movies were fast paced storylines too, but Hulk was ok, and Well Fantastic Four had Jessica Alba. I guess that's what happens when it's PG13, then again All the Spidermans have kicked major ***, and their PG13, so I don't know, just bad directing I suppose.I don't even like choppers [8D]at all, but I think his was actually decent enough to make me stay and watch that trash. Oh and Eva Mendes is freakin georgous as well, shes actually what prevented me from walking out.

I'm just disgusted. It was like Brokeback mountain with choppers and flaming skulls

Just my 2cents, but son't take my word for it, go light $5 on fire

-Mike

Old 02-28-2007, 04:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ghist Rider

i think someone else on the forum said it was actually pretty decent, cant remember who, and too lazy to go check who it was...now i dont know who to believe...but hey eva mendes is hot whether shes in a bad movie or good movie...

Old 02-28-2007, 04:27 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

https://cbrforum.com/m_234141/tm.htmand it was voodoo who started it

Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 AM

+10000 it definately let me down

Old 02-28-2007, 02:30 PM

+2000 let me down too they shoulda based it on the real ghost rider forget about all that harley crap

Old 02-28-2007, 02:46 PM

I'm not saying it didn't make me laugh. Nick Cage had alot of decent jokes. But it still could have been way better, they didn't work hard enough on it. Oh and yes any movie Eva Mendes is in is gonna be hot.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Default RE: Ghost Rider

I thought it was ok.... it was like Nick Cage was doing everything he could to help along a not so great movie.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Retired Moderator

I don't disagree with Justice entirely. The thing is, sometimes you have to shut off your brain to enjoy a movie. It is called "suspension of disbelief". I knew this movie would not win a Nobel Peace Prize. I told myself, "This will be stupid!" I ended up having fun. Movies inspired by Marvel are usually either really good, or they BLOW. Ithought Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Punisher, and Elektra were lacking, but I loved X-men, Spiderman, and Blade (the first one). Ghost Rider mostly held my attention with cleavage...I think. I thought Cage was a goof, but I have to admit I liked him. Everyone's opinion is right, though.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:45 PM

It's a movie based off of a comic book. So however serious you wanna take a comic book I guess. I took my three boys to go see it, they loved it, so, I did also, it was a fun time for all. I don't go to see Ghost Rider, with the assumption that I am going to witness moviemaking history, I go for intertainment. I thought it was ok for what it was. I will say, that the Spider man movies kick *** though. Maybe easier to develop a plot and make things happen for Spidy than some dude on a chopper with a flaming head?

Old 03-01-2007, 01:42 AM

Yeah I agree with everyone, I just wouldn't see it again, like not buy it on dvd. I'm sure if I wen't with a crew it would've been better, and it did have a good bit of funny parts that I did laugh at. Like I said before about Spidy and now Xmen, they were really great marvels. Like voodoo said though, Elektra, Daredevil, F4, and Hulk blew kinda so it's to do with the producers and directors. These guys are all new. Now the movie 300 is gonna kick ***. Why? Because you have the director from Sin City thats why. And a somewhat true story for it's base lol.

Quick Reply: Ghost Rider