Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GETTING PISSED

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GETTING PISSED

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

linksys is the best ya can get, unless you go out n buy pure cisco. But no theyre not aim at the iggit user.
ORIGINAL: Hcstreetriding

buy something besides linksys, i hate trying to do anything with that brand, every other brand is easy as hell to do anything, from what ive seen linksys makes it much more complicated than it needs to be. sorry thats the only advice i can offer other than read the manuel.
Linksys sucks...this is why my linksys router doesn't have linksys firmware.....FREEman ftmfw

Old 08-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Change the address space it uses, turn off DHCP, use a static IP.

MAC filter

WEP

Old 08-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

linksys is the best ya can get, unless you go out n buy pure cisco. But no theyre not aim at the iggit user.
ORIGINAL: Hcstreetriding

buy something besides linksys, i hate trying to do anything with that brand, every other brand is easy as hell to do anything, from what ive seen linksys makes it much more complicated than it needs to be. sorry thats the only advice i can offer other than read the manuel.
Linksys sucks...this is why my linksys router doesn't have linksys firmware.....FREEman ftmfw
Linksys is still the best out lol. And I dont run the stock firmware either lol

Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 AM

+1 on Mac filtering, also hide the SSID, and us.e WAP. all 3 togethe.r shoul.d work well, and change the name of your network.

and PG is right, I love my linksys, all the other brands I have worked with blow, and they generally dont last, other than netgear, havent had many issues with them. Ciscos are the best, but not affordable for the average home user, but cisco makes linksys.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

+1 on Mac filtering, also hide the SSID, and us.e WAP. all 3 togethe.r shoul.d work well, and change the name of your network.

and PG is right, I love my linksys, all the other brands I have worked with blow, and they generally dont last, other than netgear, havent had many issues with them. Ciscos are the best, but not affordable for the average home user, but cisco makes linksys.
+1 think you meant WPA tho lol.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:23 AM

LOL, ya WPA, my fingers get ahead of themselves sometimes, while the others seem to fall behind...

Old 08-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been t.h.e.r.e with you. Most manuals are written for computer geeks that know what WEP and MAC address mean and how they work. Most manuals have a glossary that explains what those things are, and if they don't you can look them up on the internet. Sites l.i.k.e Computer Haven (my favorite) are aGodsend for people l.i.k.e us. ( http://www.computerhaven.info/ ). Or, if l.i.k.e. me you have a couple kids who are computer geeks, you can call them. Good luck.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: DRam
Or, if l.i.k.e. me you have a couple kids who are computer geeks, you can call them. Good luck.
+1 tell your 8 year old you need to setup MAC filtering, hide your SSID, and WEP and they can get it done in mins

Old 08-10-2008, 01:29 PM

**** i cant believe i'm turning into my dad "boy come set up this vcrra". "dad push the power button you dumb ****".

Old 08-10-2008, 02:38 PM

computer haven for the win! thanks guys !

Quick Reply: GETTING PISSED