Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

getting a new car...wats good 4 bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: getting a new car...wats good 4 bikes?

ORIGINAL: devlzluv

ORIGINAL: ikhoudvanu199

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

mustang
haha...o...i will never own a mustang...lol[&:]
lol why not dirt cheap on insurance, looks good and has the power to back it up. gas mileage is decent in it
idk how the insurance is cheap...and looks are not what i would call good...im not big on american cars at all..lol

Old 01-10-2007, 04:47 PM

My buddy pulls our bikes in his 6cyl Taurus without any problems.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:45 PM

if ya want u can pick up a 91-93 5.0 for around 2-3k and **** it weighs enough and has the tq to pull the trailer with ease. look into that plus its dirt cheap if ya even wanna make the 5.0 faster
ummm...call me a n00b...but what is a 5.0?
wow. only from someone that owens a rice burner

Old 01-10-2007, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

if ya want u can pick up a 91-93 5.0 for around 2-3k and **** it weighs enough and has the tq to pull the trailer with ease. look into that plus its dirt cheap if ya even wanna make the 5.0 faster
ummm...call me a n00b...but what is a 5.0?
lol ive owned a 5.0 and now have an rsx, i respect both cars and getting rid of my car now to buy a truck.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

well...owneD a rice burner...and dont hate, i loved my ricer

Old 01-10-2007, 10:05 PM
VP

Get a v6 accord man they got 200 hp you can get one under 5k and they last for-f'in-ever

Old 01-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Retired Moderator

Dwight has made the best point so far. The most important issue is the weight of the vehicle you get, because stopping is crucial. V6...V8 not so important because , true, it will get you started, but it won't help you when youdepress the brakes and continue through the intersection into oncoming traffic. Get something heavy, dude! And as far as your budgetary constraints...I wouldn't concern yourself with getting a babe layer.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:45 PM

Even a Miata can pull a bike, so get whatever you like. I would be allitle afraid of the weight of the bike overpowering the miatas brakes tho. So get something with a little more weight to it. Mabe an old MX-6.
If it was me, I'd get an old (FB or FC chasis) RX-7 but I'm a rotor head so my opinion might be biased :-)

Old 01-10-2007, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl
And as far as your budgetary constraints...I wouldn't concern yourself with getting a babe layer.
ya, thats deff not something im worried about...i need something to get me to work and back, thru the rain and snow, and tow the bike every once in a while...and something to keep me avoiding accidents and safe ifi am in another one

ORIGINAL: oreo

Even a Miata can pull a bike, so get whatever you like. I would be allitle afraid of the weight of the bike overpowering the miatas brakes tho. So get something with a little more weight to it. Mabe an old MX-6.
If it was me, I'd get an old (FB or FC chasis) RX-7 but I'm a rotor head so my opinion might be biased :-)
i had an old MX-3[][][]...i loved that car[][][]...lol...and my MX-3 couldnt tow, the manual specifically said not to, so idk if an MX-6 would b able to...

Old 01-11-2007, 06:08 AM

Forget cars that were built with race preformance in mind and leave those to people that dont have ***** enough to ride. Get something a bit morepractical for your conditions, something more burly. For some snow days,good amounts ofcommuting and something with torque to tow I'd get a light suv. I got a 91 cherokee 4x4for 1 grand and it runs like a charm.MPG is pretty good, it runs through snow like nothing and it tows damn well. Plus parking and all other practical daily issues are easy because the car is pretty small. And ifAmerican cars arent your thing (you really need to get over that bias) then there are others out there just like it. Pathfinder, Montero, and 4 Runner all are pretty much in the same running too. My 2 cents.

Quick Reply: getting a new car...wats good 4 bikes?