Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Generation Kill

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Generation Kill

Can't wait their having an advanced screening on base tommorow of the first two episodes! If you don't know it's about 1st Recon Bravo Co 2nd plt. and what they did in Iraq in 2003 its an HBO mini series 7 episodes first one airs on the 13th at 9:00pm.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Default RE: Generation Kill

0321, the only thing that hope, is it doesn't turn into some type of MarlboroMarine saga if you're unfamiliar with the native Kentuckians story. Never mind, if you are, you know what I mean

Old 07-08-2008, 11:35 PM

i have no idea what you are talking about..i'd like to though???

Old 07-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: oakasrtheshiz

i have no idea what you are talking about..i'd like to though???
0321 you ask for it were about to start some real **** here

Watch them in the order they are posted. You understand how the media manipulates everything for the ratings. I was there and I understand what he's feeling I posted some thoughts about the whole operation in the most random thread didn't want to start my own thread on the subject. He Truly needed help with his PTSD but they were more worried about putting a camera in front of his face and manipulating the situation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4QJi...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoQHZ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1hnl...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWbTf...eature=related

Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 AM

okay ive seen these it didnt click in my head, i thought you were referring to some 1 from my battalion.i understand what your saying about the media and propaganda, but he doesnt seem to object anywhere or not want the cameras to be around. there isnt much that i can say on this topic for the pure fact that i havent experinced any combat. and probably wont experince anything like the OIF 1. unless we get to go to Afganistan instead.i do how ever feel though that if you are mentally prepared and have an idea at what your going to be doing, that you will be ok. also i think there is a differance in a Marine that joins to join to go to fight and 1 that joins to run away from their life and problems at home.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say HBO does not have the same agenda that a career-minded photographer looking to make his name at all costs does...maybe, but I doubt it. And please correct me if I'm wrong about snap-happy butt****. And ****, I don't have HBO, but it damn well better be available on DVD at some point, if they didn't do a **** job of it. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:49 AM

im sure it will be.. gunny colbert who is sgt. "iceman" colbert in the mini series says that it was done well

Old 07-09-2008, 01:24 AM
Friend and Hero ...

0321 I have great expectations for you . Wrote this several years ago

Reconnaissance Marines are a Warrior Culture like all Marines. As such, however Recon will always be ahead in the ability to be stealthy observant and an effective Warrior. How is reconnaissance training going to prepare Recon Marine for war What kind of environmet is WAR? It is all out COMBAT, and what is that ? It's panic chaos mayham destruction and death. They will respond without hesitation. Hesitation will kill you and those around you, no question about that! What happens when Recon Marines are subjected to babtism by fire. They will succeed above and beyond others surpassing limitations set downby others. They will fight as they has been trained to do in WARRIOR CULTURE they will respond to their environment that will adapt and improvise to affect a positive outcome. Not by superior numbers, but by superior tactics and intellect combined with physical strength (Heart, Mind and Body} there is no equal to a Recon Marine., pound for pound, the Best at their craft in the world. Now, try and convince me that this is not the truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-79o...eature=related

Old 07-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say HBO does not have the same agenda that a career-minded photographer looking to make his name at all costs does...maybe, but I doubt it. And please correct me if I'm wrong about snap-happy butt****. And ****, I don't have HBO, but it damn well better be available on DVD at some point, if they didn't do a **** job of it. Thanks for the heads up.
Spirit I happen to have some ancient technology still in use. Along with the TiVo an old VHS recorder would be happy to burn or record it for you

Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 AM

That is most kind HC...ancient technology lol. Seriously, it might as well be eight-tracks or something lol.

I am content to wait for its release, however. What kind of production are we talking here? Actual footage? Actors? I have no intel at all about it.

Quick Reply: Generation Kill