Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gas prices...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas prices...

The only problem that I see with comparing oil to real estate is that we aren't at war with the people that give us most of our land. [&:]

ORIGINAL: woo545

The oil market is just the next bubble. I believe a lot of it is speculation. Investors see oil making money so they buy oil. I feel the price of oil is going to drop below $100 when the bubble bursts, just like Real Estate, just like Tech. When that bubble bursts, there will be another new rise in some other market.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: riegnman

Just for comparison:

there are about 3.78 liters in a gallon. Our friends that live in America's hat (Canada)are paying over $5.00/gallon as we speak.

And George Bush isn't even their President.

ORIGINAL: mauthman

I live in alberta canada. Fort Mac is the booming oil place here and we still have pretty high gas prices. So currency doesn't affect it too much. We are paying 1.33$/Litre. I'm not sure what that is in gallons
Ummm.... thats nothing new.... Europeans are closer to the source "saudi arabia/iran/dubai/iraq" and they have been paying $4 per gallon for years now....

Old 06-19-2008, 09:25 AM
RCR

Exactly, you made my point. Speculators are driving the price cause they think 11 people are in line for the 10 vials of insulin.

Even the numbers above show it's not linear. All numbers do is show the truth. put those numbers in a bar graph and watch it climb like it's going up MT. Everest in the last year.

Fish, One thing that im not sure on is, Didn't only large business have the ability to do oil futures when their company was a major user of that product? Like Southwest Airlines, there making it cause they bought a **** load of futures and really are only paying around $87 per barrel. Or has it been open to investors the whole time? Futures are new to me in the fact I never had enough money to even think about em, now im a little bit interested to play in that market someday.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um...Technically, we aren't at war with people who provide us oil. Last I remember, we are at war with the Taliban in Afghanistan and with the al Queda in Iraq. I don't remember us declare war against Saudia Arabia, Kuwait or any other Middle Eastern nation.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:41 AM

Um...Technically, we aren't at war with people who provide us oil. Last I remember, we are at war with the Taliban in Afghanistan and with the al Queda in Iraq. I don't remember us declare war against Saudia Arabia, Kuwait or any other Middle Eastern nation.
+1 not to mention 30% ish of our oil comes from homie Valdez at Exxon.. and we arent in war with Venezuela,,,, yet

Old 06-19-2008, 09:47 AM
RCR

$18 bucks to fill my bike @ 130 miles = .18 cents per mile

$101 to fill work truck @ 280 miles = .36 cents per mile

Guess what I drive when not working??

Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 AM

Without getting to political: Me thinks that maybe you believe a little too much of the party line that comes from the network news centers.

I wonder who supports al Queda,(or the Taliban for that matter)?

The money is coming from somewhere and my bet is that it's coming from people that hold the same belief systems and world views as those to whom they lend financial support. Just a theory, that's all.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:28 AM

Im going to San Antonio, and the gas price for Supreme at El Paso Tx. is 4.11 how much is it over there? Anybody?.. [8D]

Old 06-19-2008, 10:34 AM

riegnman
The money is coming from somewhere and my bet is that it's coming from people that hold the same belief systems and world views as those to whom they lend financial support. Just a theory, that's all.
Interesting... so based on your argument, you are saying that, we the United States of America, have/had the same belief system and world view as the taliban and al qaeda.

Keep in mind, our great nation played a big part in bringing the taliban and al qaeda to power, just like Saddam Hussein. It was us, the USA, supplying them with weapons (Stinger missles) and training against the now defunct USSR. If anything, I would think Russia would have more than enough motivation to see us fail.

...Sure money from oil rich nations ends up in terrorist hands. Money from the US end up in terrorists hands as with all other countries. To think otherwise is simply niave.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 AM

Besides much of al qauda's money comes from opium traffic.

Quick Reply: Gas prices...