Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Funniest moments on the road

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funniest moments on the road

Go on, tell your stories. Here's mine:

I'm cruising around on a Friday night and pull up to a red light. There are a couple ladies (probably around 30) in a Suburban in the lane to the right. When the driver notices me, she pulls up so the rear window is even with me. I figure she's married and 5-6 years older than me, so I'm thinking "WTH"? She rolls down that window, and there's a 1-2 year old sitting in a car seat hugging a beach ball twice his size. He looks over and is in total awe. I rev the engine just a bit and his eyes widen even more. The ladies got a kick out of the whole thing, and I'm pretty sure I've made a future CBR rider for life.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:13 PM

seeing a drunk Harley rider leave the parking lot of wild bills with his kick-stand down, and totaly eating chit in the middle of the road.(wrecking is not funny , but if yer gonna drink and ride , Ill get out of yer way)He got up and started kicking his bike, even more funny, however the cop that pulled up to the scene did not think it was as funny as us... coparrestd him and his bike got towed off...i guess harleys dont have a side stand safty cut-off?...their funnier without one....

Old 04-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back when I first started riding, I started on this 125. Anyways, I was at a light when one of my students came running up to me. There were no cars behind me so I put down my kickstand and had a leisurely talk with him. The light turns green and I get ready to go and make a left when lo' and behold, my kick stand is still down. I manage to make the left, but only after I do a whole bounce off the kick stand, bounce off the guard rail, bounce of the kick stand, bounce off the guard rail a couple of times. Not very funny for me, but I'm sure it was hilarious to all the people who were waiting at the light on the perpendicular road.

A couple months ago I was at a light and took off fairly gently. I accelerated to around 80 mph or so and I just brought it up to 6th so I could cruise when all of a sudden, this Kia which was next to me at the light comes flying by me and cuts me off. At first I though, wtf is this guy's problem? Then I realized, the guy had thought we were racing. We came up to another light and I couldn't control my laughter, I had been beaten by a Kia in a race I wasn't aware I was involved in. :lol:

Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well it was funny to me. Happened today.

So I'm going down Delaware ave, engine barely ticking over and I glance at the speedo... 100? WTF?!? Glance at the mileage... 5k?!? WTF?!? First thing that pops in my head: that ****er changed his sprockets and never told me! Seriously getting pissed cause I really don't feel like buying a new chain and sprockets. Get home and start fiddling round with the gauge to set the clock...

And finally notice its reading kph. From the last time I fiddled around with the gauges trying to set the clock

Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by raylee
I had been beaten by a Kia in a race I wasn't aware I was involved in. :lol:
:lol:
That kinda thing has happened to me several times already this summer. And then there's this one time I was at a light next to an older compact truck. He kept revving his engine and looking over at me. I felt bad for him, so I took off nice and slow and let him win.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:31 AM

I pulled up a little short beside a guy in a big 4 door sedan who was obviously more interested in texting than driving at a red light. He was in the middle lane engrossed in the cell phone and I was on his right. I went to move up a little closer to the stop line, brought the revs up to ease ahead and this guy mats it without looking up. The light is green the other way and there is a lot of cross traffic. He made across three lanes before the collision. He got hit in the rear and spunout into two other cars. He must have thought the light changed when he heard the bike rev up. When he got out of the car he had a confused and pissed off look and he kept pointing at the bike. Nobody was seriously injured.

Last edited by thrasher572; 04-30-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
I pulled up a little short beside a guy in a big 4 door sedan who was obviously more interested in texting than driving at a red light. He was in the middle lane engrossed in the cell phone and I was on his right. I went to move up a little closer to the stop line, brought the revs up to ease ahead and this guy mats it without looking up. The light is green and there is a lot of cross traffic. He made across three lanes before the collision. He got hit in the rear and spunout into two other cars. He must have thought the light changed when he heard the bike rev up. When he got out of the car he had a confused and pissed off look and he kept pointing at the bike. Nobody was seriously injured.
That actually is kind of funny. I can't tell you how many times someone on the phone in an SUV nearly plows me over.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:49 AM

First ones a few years back when i was still on my busa, i was kind of "seeing" this lady that rode a vrod, absolutely drop dead gorgeous blonde she wore all her leather but no helmet(used to drive me nuts) so we were out for a ride one morning and stopped at a red light, guy pulls into the left turn lane opposite of us, maybe like a older kawi virago or something, our light changes and as we're passing him he's got his full attention on her, not stopped completely yet, i looked over my shoulder to make sure she was still next to me and he is nearly turned backwards staring and falls over right there in the turn lane, i was rolling but being as sweethearted as she was she signalled to me and we whipped a uturn and helped him get his bike back up.

Couple weeks back i had a group of maybe 5-6th grade girls in a minivan with apperently one of the fathers driving glued to the windows as we worked threw traffic, kept hearing, nice bike, your cute etc....all i could think was that poor poor guy
And last week heading back from down in aurora got onto pena blvd (only road to DIA)for about a 7 mile run until i get off onto 2lane roads the rest of the way home, road is in great condition speed limits 65 or so and on sat nights i have yet to see a cop, wide open no cars around i'm in the right lane cruising along at 95 and i see headlights coming up on me, next thing i know i got econolines and suv's blowing my doors off heading for the airport kinda had me going wtf

Last edited by Rs2nV; 05-01-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:07 PM

I have a yellow CBR 929..people always wanna race..and sometimes i oblige..they don't realize bike will always beat a normal car..There was once though at a railroad crossing, i forgot one way streets have no gap between the RR gates and i tried to run the gap..yeah popped my first endo there and pretty sure all the cars behind me was laughing their asses off at me.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by willlo99
I have a yellow CBR 929..people always wanna race..and sometimes i oblige..they don't realize bike will always beat a normal car..There was once though at a railroad crossing, i forgot one way streets have no gap between the RR gates and i tried to run the gap..yeah popped my first endo there and pretty sure all the cars behind me was laughing their asses off at me.
orrrrr.. you did it on purpose and everyone behind you appluaded your amazing riding skills.

Quick Reply: Funniest moments on the road