Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Friend crashed my F4i

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I let my friend borrow my car, he crash it. His insurance did not cover, mine neither....lesson learned....I've let my friend ride my FZR600 (Previous bike) I never drop the bike, my friend happens to drop my bike for the first time...

Problem is when you try to make your friend own up to pay for damages......your friendship will become very sour...

Life lesson...when any of my friend ask to ride, I just say sorry man, no joy ride, I don't want you to get hurt and my insurance dont cover, if he says he has insurance, I would say insurance won't cover my mod....I'll tell friend to buy his own bike...

Think of it this way...your bike is your GF, would you let your friends ride?

Sorry that your in such tough situation but you must work it out with your friend to own up & pay for damages...it's only righteous[/quote]

Old 10-20-2011, 10:57 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Facts is, if most of friend already own a bike, they likely want to ride their own bike...what I notice is, friends that wants to borrow your bike arethe ones that don't own one, and trying to get one but do not have experience riding one....

Really...unless ur bike is not in tip top shape, why borrow to anyone? Plain and simple, like a bike that never been down, or even dropped? Those are the bikes that have so much greater value...a bike that has been dropped and not been drop, there is a selling price difference...even if friend own up and pay to fix , that will not change the fact that bike HAS BEEN DROPPED!!!!

Old 10-20-2011, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by martinjr96
So I let a close friend of mine ride my f4i and he crashed it!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!! Man I was pissed he hit a curb then a pole, worst part is that I recently replaced the body from when I crashed it, it WAS clean now the complete front is damaged and the tail
Chance of letting someone borrow or use your stuff. If you allowed him on the bike then I assume you accepted the chance of this happening and possibly mentioned a "You break it you buy it" policy and he aggreed. Also bikes are replaceable, people are not so I'm glad your friend walked away from the accident.

Hopefully you two can come to an agrrement and be civil throughout the ordeal of the bike getting fixed.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:53 PM

Yea i know thats happend to me before, when a friend backed up into my bike and dropped it then went MIA on me, but naa this guy thats the first thing he told me, he gonna pay for everything, it just sucks that know im car less

Old 10-20-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by amRRussel
Chance of letting someone borrow or use your stuff. If you allowed him on the bike then I assume you accepted the chance of this happening and possibly mentioned a "You break it you buy it" policy and he aggreed. Also bikes are replaceable, people are not so I'm glad your friend walked away from the accident.

Hopefully you two can come to an agrrement and be civil throughout the ordeal of the bike getting fixed.
Yea thats wat i said he aint replaceable but as long as he fixes im fine with that,

Old 10-20-2011, 12:58 PM

O and he crashed it rite infront of me,

Old 10-20-2011, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i

more pictures of the chick

Watch wat u say man cuz thats my girl and i dont play like that when it comes to her

Old 10-20-2011, 01:06 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by estate4life
Facts is, if most of friend already own a bike, they likely want to ride their own bike...what I notice is, friends that wants to borrow your bike arethe ones that don't own one, and trying to get one but do not have experience riding one....

Really...unless ur bike is not in tip top shape, why borrow to anyone? Plain and simple, like a bike that never been down, or even dropped? Those are the bikes that have so much greater value...a bike that has been dropped and not been drop, there is a selling price difference...even if friend own up and pay to fix , that will not change the fact that bike HAS BEEN DROPPED!!!!
Maybe we have completely different friends but my brother, friends and I swap bikes all the time while we are riding. We know what our own bikes are like so it is nice to switch it up and see what someone else bike is like. It's not take my bike for a week thing but we will switch at stop lights or from gas station to gas station. I feel like we are all responsible enough to not hammer another persons bike because A) we don't want to crash it B) we are not 100% familiar with it so why push it and increase the chance of wrecking. I do agree that if your bike has never been down and then your buddy drops the bike it does not change the fact that it has been down but at least my friends and I all share the same mentality and that is the bike returns to its owner in the same shape as it was given or better. This means if I borrow a friends bike and thrash his OEM mint plastic I have to replace it with OEM mint plastic. If I trash is already beat to hell plastic then I can replace it with beat to hell plastic. Luckily nothing has happened and knock on wood nothing will.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch wat u say man cuz thats my girl and i dont play like that when it comes to her
LOL. Nate wants pictures of every girl; don't take it personally.

Sorry about your bike; that wheel looks like it was going at a good clip when your buddy hit the curb.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:16 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Nate didn't mean anything by that. Around here Nate likes to think of himself as a pimp lol. He really is a good guy. He's got a pretty hot girl himself. He was just playing around and didn't mean any harm by it.

Quick Reply: Friend crashed my F4i