Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Found this on Myspace last night

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Found this on Myspace last night

FryDaddy makes a great point (as usual).A firearm is a tool. If you do not use it on a regular basis, you will not be good at it, and it may not help you. I think of other things in life. I have a hammer, but I can't drivea nail flushwith one strike; I can speak a little Spanish, but I couldn't hold a conversation with a native speaker; I know how tomake a fist, but I don't know if I would be the victor in a bar brawl. These are tools that I use on a less than regular basis. You have to consider adrenaline, also.I have heard about some police officers being injected with adrenaline, and trying out there marksmanship skills. They were all over the place on the targets.The study was meant to represent an average situation that floods your body with that natural drug. And another thing, if an intruder is in your house, and within several yards of you with a knife...he has the advantage. Your brain will not have enough time to make the connection to shoot the bastard before he is removing your lower intestine seppuku style. +1 to Spirit's idea of having HC as your neighbor. He is the prefect example of a person that uses those skills. Muscle memory is your friend when defending yourself. To have your body react in a certain manner, concerning an intruderwhile you are thinking through the situation, is a skill I do not have. I hope it never happens, either. For what it is worth, I have a five shot,hammerless .38 special that I want to get a concealed carry permit for. That doesn't mean I can make it work when it counts.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned

My G23 has, in less than a year, undoubtedly saved me from what the louisiana state police would call "reasonable fear of death or bodily harm" on two occasions,
Louisiana always looked like a nice place to visit... good to hear you were prepared.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Louisiana always looked like a nice place to visit... good to hear you were prepared.
Oh, New Orleans in my humble opinion is the most beautiful city in the country, and i've been in love with her for as long as i can remember. We just have this unfortunate violence problem..