Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Found this on Myspace last night

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Found this on Myspace last night

I have no idea why so many people think it's cool to be a thug-I think it's dumb and retarded. Like was said before-Jackholes like that kid gives guns and gun owners a bad name just like crazy riders give us sport bikers a bad name.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:19 AM

^ Bingo!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: rrasco

ORIGINAL: woo545

I just want to get my two cents in....

During the 60's and 70's gun control laws were put in place in the US and crimes went up not down. Over the past 20 years all violent crime has dropped dramatically, in part because laws have spread that allow the carrying of concealed weapons by law-abiding citizens. Florida started this trend in 1987 and that with 5 other states, reflected an 8% reduction in murders, 7% reduction in aggravated assualts and 5% reduction in rapes. "Firearms-related crimes has plummeted" according to the US Bureau of Justice in 2004. One of the things criminals fear most is encountering the gun-toting owner.

In Britain, the impression that America is violent is deeply engrained. This completely disregards findings of the International Crime Victims Survey, where it sites that the level of violent crime in Britian is 3 times the level of the United States. Handgun crime in Britian has doubled over the past decade, since the banning of pistols and the confiscation of all the legal ones. In 1951, self-defense was the justification 3/4 of all applicants for a pistol license. Between 1946-51 armed robbery was the most significant measure of gun crime, ran at less than two dozen incidents a year in London; today, in the disarmed society, it's as many every week.

IMHO, Gun control doesn't work. It takes the ability for someone to defend themselves out of their hands and gives the less desireables a marked advantage. The mere legality of gun ownership is a deterent. The greatest fear of a criminal is encountering an armed owner. What fear does a criminal with an illegal firearm have if they knows that no one in society has the means to protect themselves?

I'm not saying that we don't have incidents, such as Columbine and Virginia Tech. $hit happens. You can't filter out ever single person and figure out if they are going to go off the deep end if pushed too hard. Keep in mind...though Columbine might be an exception since it was an High School...Virgina Tech was a gun free zone. No one there to stop it.
Absoultely right, the gun laws in Britain created much more violence in the end. If you were a thief, would you rather commit crimes where you know law abiding citizens don't have guns, or somewhere where everyone has a gun?

This could turn into a full-fledged debate. It Has happened around here before it is amazing to see how long-term one-sided point of view campaigning with a certain types of ideology can convince individuals that the viewpoint is 100% right. Case and point the standard British response but let's back it up a step or two to 1939 ," today our nation is the first in the world to take back control of our streets from criminals and a thousand years from now the world will look back upon our actions here today and see that countries around the world have followed our precedent
Adolf Hitler made this speech as he ushered in the first total ban on civilian owned firearms in Germany there is today a legacy of this action here in the United States or should I say a backlash from it. The Jewish Coalition for the Right to Bear Arms they are hard at work to see that the mistakes of the past are not repeated.
[size=2]
Thank God our forefathers had the good sense to address the issue with the Second Amendment even though at this very moment, its true meaning is being hotly debated by the Supreme Court. Only time will tell whether Washington District of Columbia will push for a clarification of the Second Amendment if they lose the case and IF they do, we may all lose. As a Marine in a warrior culture I have a natural appreciation for the tools of the trade and craftsmanship of firearms. I grew up hunting and handling firearms. Which progressed into somewhat of a part of my professional responsibilities.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

This could turn into a full-fledged debate. It Has happened around here before it is amazing to see how long-term one-sided point of view campaigning with a certain types of ideology can convince individuals that the viewpoint is 100% right. Case and point the standard British response but let's back it up a step or two to 1939 ," today our nation is the first in the world to take back control of our streets from criminals and a thousand years from now the world will look back upon our actions here today and see that countries around the world have followed our precedent
Adolf Hitler made this speech as he ushered in the first total ban on civilian owned firearms in Germany there is today a legacy of this action here in the United States or should I say a backlash from it. The Jewish Coalition for the Right to Bear Arms they are hard at work to see that the mistakes of the past are not repeated.

Thank God our forefathers had the good sense to address the issue with the Second Amendment even though at this very moment, its true meaning is being hotly debated by the Supreme Court. Only time will tell whether Washington District of Columbia will push for a clarification of the Second Amendment if they lose the case and IF they do, we may all lose. As a Marine in a warrior culture I have a natural appreciation for the tools of the trade and craftsmanship of firearms. I grew up hunting and handling firearms. Which progressed into somewhat of a part of my professional responsibilities. I would like to add this it has been already stated that firearms makes it easier for a person to take a life. In one sense of the word yes, but you must have the mindset first to squeeze that trigger if the individual is at that mindset then they will be capable of doing it with a baseball bat, golf club or a blade and God for bid a true professional possess this mindset. For a individual who is well trained, no foreign weapon is needed and it can be as quick as a gunshot and often more effective one of my favorite statements is ' The Best Weapon in the World Is the Human Body and the Best Part of That Is Your Mind Honed Its Skills and You Will Master All Others "

Damn HC...you always impress the crap out of me.

Red....that's just wrong.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower
Not sure what other guns were on the site, but I doubt that they were fully-auto, if that were the case, all one would need to do is report them and the ATF would do the rest.
Well, what's funny is she had this picture as "1 of my favorites"

This does appear to be a picture that she probably got off of the internet, but stating that an AR-15 is one of her favorites, while in another picture the guy is sporting either aInterdynamic KG-9or Intratec TEC-9/AB-10 with at least a 30 round magazine,just makes me a little uneasy...

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower
That's not an automatic gun!
You're right, it's a semi-auto pistol,I stand corrected. I'm not too keen on the "assault pistols" because so farI've never had the desire toown one anyways , and the only one I have shot before is an MP5 at a gun range in Scottsdale, AZ where we rented a bunch of different guns. But it's my understanding that these guns aren't hard to convert back to full auto if they are a "pre-ban" gun, which this one appears to be. I'm sure these thugs are pretty aware of how to do this, especially since they buy these kinds of guns for obvious reasons. I grew up with guns, andI'm tired of the thugs acting like they can do whatever they please, just because they have a gun. I hope our gunrights don't go out the window with the next election, or we're all going to be screwed...

Old 04-01-2008, 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Redd

Hahaha, that picture is great... I remember one time in high school a girl had her eyebrows drawn on like that with the high arches and I asked her what she was so surprised about, I don't think she found it as funny as I did

Old 04-01-2008, 11:36 AM

I take my CCW class this weekend and I'll probably be picking up my first pistol at the end of the month. I probably have a few months until my permit goes through, but I'd like to use that time to get comfortable with it.

Woo, your post was excellent.

Personally, I'm waiting on the DC gun decision to come.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:46 AM

Well buy how intelligent they look in those pics, I think it would be no surprise if they didn't know how to take the guns apart, none-the-less convert them to full-auto. I'm not promoting that these thugs should have these guns, because they are the ones that put a sour taste in societies mind about these weapons. Unfortunately the only time these kinds of guns come up in the media is when they are used in violent crimes, that sucks! You never hear of someone like me having a fun time practice shooting their "assault weapon" out in the woods having a good ol' time hurting no one except the ash tree that gets shot down.

I’m not sure what the stats are, but if I was to guess, most “assault weapons” are owned by law abiding citizens that only have them as a hobby, it’s the fractional scum of the earth that make them look bad.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: kodiak1122

This was in our local news a while back.
The police are getting involved and the parents of these kids are being notified.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok and what is that going to do? they got their guns from their parents who are 13 years older than them and putting their kids to work selling the drugs..... alerting parents now days means nothing the parents dont give a rats behind. We need to send all the criminals to Australia! lol This world is a joke today.

Quick Reply: Found this on Myspace last night