Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Former Honda Proving Center *for sale*...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Former Honda Proving Center *for sale*...

Group buy anyone???

CBRE, is pleased to present a unique opportunity to acquire fee simple interest in the former Honda Proving Center which consists of ± 4,255 acres that includes the former American Honda West Coast test tracks, related facilities and improvements in Cantil, California.

The property is located in an unicorporated area of Kern County, seven miles north of California City, and the main site (±3,797 acres) is improved with specialized test tracks, support facilities and infrastructure, designed to implement a broad range of automobile, motorcycle and ATV vehicle and product evaluations.

The recent closure of the facility and sale offering provides a rare chance to secure a superbly designed facility that would be cost prohibitive to duplicate today. The main site (±3,797 acres) has completed requirements for the Desert Tortoise Habitat plan, allowing a “fast-track” approach to potential development/solar farm uses, should an interested party desire to change the use of the property.

The main site is improved with the former Honda Proving Center, which was specifically designed as a vehicle testing facility. Located within two hours of Los Angeles International Airport, the site offers on-site paved test courses including a 7.5 mile oval track and 4.5 mile winding road, modeled after common North American public roads, dirt roads, gravel roads, MX/SX race tracks and natural desert terrain for a full range of test conditions. The main site has perimeter fencing and a private 1.5 mile asphalt driveway leading to a security office, gated access, and the office/warehouse buildings. Privacy is achieved with man made berms and selective plantings of non-native trees. Also included are the out-parcel land sites totaling ±457 acres.

Last edited by gotcbr; 04-19-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: link
Old 04-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

i'll put some in... a little anyway

could be the future cbrf headquarters and member retreat!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes please. I've been wanting a racetrack

Old 04-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

I would throw down. As long as I can live there too. can't afford that and a house; and lets be honest . . . F*ck the house

Old 04-19-2012, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by CJardine
I would throw down. As long as I can live there too. can't afford that and a house; and lets be honest . . . F*ck the house
I'd rather live on the road anyway.
What's the selling price? Im sure the facility is livable.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Track junkie & modaholic
Old 04-19-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by CJardine
guess i wasnt the only one to watch austin powers today