Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

finaly found a bike :) what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finaly found a bike :) what do you think?

ok well after searching and searching i finaly found a bike. i had a wanted ad on craigslist and a guy sent me a email about one he had.

its a 04 600rr with 8300 miles. it has frame sliders, hids, exhaust, undertail, after market front signals, and i think a windscreen. the lower fairing has been painted red to match, no longer the greyish color.

he said the fork seals were done when he got it 2000 miles ago same with tires. it was dropped on the right side not moving. very little scraches that were all covered with some touch up paint. up close you can tell but not from 2 feet away.

when i got there he was putting a new battery in becuase he said the old one was not working after winter. the guy at the store told him it did not need charged but we thought it did becuase it would not start with the new battery in. he connected it to a chrager and got it going. after it ran a minute i shut it off and it started up. so i think the new battery was not charged or could this be the bike?

also when i was reving it up in N the first few 1000 rpms there seams to be a very slite stutter maybe a bog down. idk but its onyl real low in the revs. is this normal? i mean you can hardly notice it but if you rev it up real slow you can tell. could this be the plugs?

the window in the master cyclinder had clear brake fluid but there was a little bubble at the top. could this indicate that the brakes need bled?

he wants 5500 for it. seams somewhat high but everything i would consider doing to it he has done. its more of a convience and probley cheaper so i would do 5500 if you think these little things i mentioned are not any real problem. what do you think? thanks

Old 04-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Default RE: finaly found a bike :) what do you think?

Any pics?

Old 04-05-2008, 11:58 PM

Looks good....................

Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 AM

no i forgot my camera. what do you think of the air bubble in the master cyclinder? should i be concerned about that?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, fork seals shouln't need replacing after 3-4 years...and as for the new battery, better check a bit more in depth for possibly a bad stator not charging...could mean $$...[]
RB

Old 04-06-2008, 11:01 AM

how do you check the the stator? do you take one of those eletric meter things and measure from the battery terminals?

Old 04-06-2008, 11:03 AM

multimeter and you check it at the stator connection to the wire harness.

edit: I guess you could check the battery too. A drop in voltages will show its not charging correct but that doesn't mean its the stator if you check it just at the battery.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 AM

a drop in voltage when? after the bike starts? whiles its reving? while its starting? thanks for the help. also any info on the bubble in the brake fluid window would be great.

edit: oh you mean after it starts if the battery volts drop. i see what you mean. i thought you ment on the wires that go to it

Old 04-06-2008, 11:12 AM

while its revving. Bubble in the brake fluid window means shouldn't really mean anything till its below the LOW indicator but mine doesnt even have a bubble at all. So it either means 1. it wasn't filled all the way up to begin with. 2. You need to change your brakepads.

Edit: Loss in brake fluid level means you have a leak or you need to change your brakepads.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:24 AM

ok thanks for the help. i was trying to see the pads to see if they needed replaced but i could not tell at all. i am going to go find a multimeter and when i go out there check it out a little better. i am also going to go with my brother who knows more than i do. i hope all ends well and i have a bike by wensday.

Quick Reply: finaly found a bike :) what do you think?