Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Finally going to be gaming (ever bought a Dell? Look here!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally going to be gaming (ever bought a Dell? Look here!)

Well I broke down and did the unthinkable...

I bought a Dell.

Good news is, it's tricked out, bad news is, it's a Dell. Got the Inspiron 1720 with 17" widescreen (anti-glare, not glossy), 8600M GT GPU, Creative X-Fi audio, and blah blah blah to the rest as it's not important.

Anyone here have an Inspiron? How'd ya like it?

It was a toss up between the Inspiron and the Vostro. The Vostro has some nice deals on them, unfortunately, I couldn't find any that would allow my upgrade to the 8600GT and if I don't have a nice video card then there's really no point in buying another computer. I've been surfing on my Profile 4 since January and it's getting old. Love the computer, always problem free, just can't do **** on it.

I really wanted the laptop because when we do slumber parties it's a PITA to carry all the **** around with you. Just need to find a nice keyboard/mouse for gaming.

Sooooooo... in a couple of weeks or however long it takes those Indonesian kids to churn out my new laptop I'll be hitting some of ya cats up to do some BF2 and COD4 destruction!

woot!

Old 05-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Default RE: Finally going to be gaming soon...

I've got an inspiron... but its pretty basic... I really wish I got a better video card... Mine is just shy of being good for COD4... and now I don't have the money to get a new one [:@]

Old 05-25-2008, 11:47 AM

You will be gaming but for how long, dell's suck.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

[:@][:@][:@]

Lol, yeah I know. I did a lot of reading and the Inspiron 1720 seems to be a well-respected lappy among the communities (at least as I had it built) for the price.

I had a coupon for 3 years accidental damage warranty for $99 so that helped with the decision too (for some reason the coupon wouldn't work with the Vostros either, maybe a business-class thing...?). And yes it will accidentally get broken the day before the warranty is up .

They have an XPS all-in-one too (like my Profile 4) and I seriously considered it but I really wanted another laptop, I really missed mine after selling it to rebuild the 929 ([:@]) so I dunno...

I'm only going to be playing BF2, BFBad Company,COD4, and Imight buy 2142 too for the hell of it. So anyway, yeah we'll see.

I am EXTREMELY happy to go back to an Intel system after that crapper of an AMD I thought for some reason was a good idea to build. Looking forward to taxing that Core 2 Duo (1.8GHz, 667Mhz FSB and 2MB L2 cache) and seeing what they're made of. I've never even got to smell one yet.

I just don't understand why I waited until summer was here to buy a new crack-box...

Old 05-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Well I broke down and did the unthinkable...

I bought a Dell.

Ireally wanted the laptop because when we do slumber parties it's a PITA to carry all the **** around with you.

woot!

HA i knew you where gay Talking about your dells and slumber parties. I can just picture you and that "dude your gettin a dell" guy right now

Old 05-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Banned

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

You wanting to come over, is that it?

Old 05-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Will i be your friend, yes. Will i work for you, yes. Will i come over when you have the ladies around, yes. Will i come over with my computer, no. I dont mind what or how you do, but TK rolls one way

Old 05-25-2008, 06:06 PM

You an't gona be gaming.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned

^^^You call, "bull****?"

Old 05-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Banned

Just for the record, when I say, "slumber parties," we all know I'm talking about some buddies and basically a LAN thing... right?

TK's got me buggin' on it... lmao

Quick Reply: Finally going to be gaming (ever bought a Dell? Look here!)