Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Finally 21 Woot!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally 21 Woot!

Yes! I can finally drink legally as of midnight tonight. And yet im still sitting reading the bible like a good boy. Really I am reading the bible, English 280 quiz tmr over Mathew, Luke, John and Macabees. What fun, but after the quiz tmr its on! Im just glad im finally old enough to actually go out with all of my friends, Im always the one left at home for being underage when they go to the bars.

So what is the cheapest way to drink at a bar? I know picking up a case from the store and drinking at home is much cheaper, but what at the bar have you all found is the most bang for your buck so to speak?

(Not meant to be a religious thread at all!! thats just want my class is on)

Old 11-20-2008, 12:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Finally 21 Woot!

Cheapest way to drink at a bar is typically pitchers, and not going to some ridiculous place like Coyote Ugly. But if it's your 21st, you shouldn't even be able to see the bill at the end of the night. Have fun and be safe, hoss.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Happy B-day!!

I can't give you any advice on the drinks, as I don't drink myself so I really don't know. Have fun... but be safe and have a DD

Old 11-20-2008, 12:27 AM

Thanks guys!
lol hoshino your right, at the end of the night tomorrow night the bill will be the least of my worries. Pitchers sound like a good plan. Looking for future reference mostly so i can go out more than once a month without breaking the bank.

Thirdgen, im lucky that all the bars are within walking distance of my apt so no DD(although i would have one if that were not the case of course, 888-taxi ftw) but i might need to be carried back if all goes as planned.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:15 AM

best bang for your buck will prob be beer. pitchers sound like a good idea at first, but drink to much of that draft **** and you'll be sorry. bleck. maybe a pitcher then stick with bottles, almost all bars i've been too have a deal on bottles before midnight, or a cheap type of beer for the night eg. "corona night" thats the way to go if your loooking to get drunk for less money. Definetly start with a case at home.. I get a 12 pack before the bar always cheaper that way. then when i get to the bar i switch to delicious rye and gingerale. I find after the case of beer at home it makes my mouth all dry and gross, so the rye and gingerale balances it out nicely..

Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Happy b-day HC. Now make sure you post up tomorrow morning and let us all know how ****ty you feel

Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 AM

Drinking at the bar is overrated, pre-gaming is what its all about, your bank account will thank you.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 AM

gotta find out where the specials are. you can find places with $2/beer, sometimes even $1/beer. then you have places with $2 you call its. pitchers kick ***. whats wrong with draught? its all i drink when they got it. always buy beer before to pregame, and make sure you have some left over for the after party, chics always want to go drink somewhere else after they stop selling. liquor works good for teh ladies too.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Hcstreetriding

Thanks guys!
lol hoshino your right, at the end of the night tomorrow night the bill will be the least of my worries.
I think he meant, your boys should take care of you...if they let you pay for one drink, they ain't your boys . Pitchers for the win! The problem with amateurs is they try to drink too fast. Lining up for shot after shot after shot within the first hour is a recipe for disaster. Drink your beverage, play some pool, flirt with the hunnies, enjoy yourself. You don't want to be puking guy at 10:15 pm. 21st birthday boy should puke, in my opinion, but not until the end of the night! Now, take some pics, and post em up...OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-20-2008, 11:23 AM

^ good point, i know some people, man, they just need to chill. chugging beers and ****, which is cool, when you can handle it. i hate it when people are belligerent by 10.

Quick Reply: Finally 21 Woot!