Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fin prick (yes another rant about a harley rider)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fin ***** (yes another rant about a harley rider)

So I pulled into the gas station today right by my house so I don't have to fill up tomorrow before class and as I'm finishing up filling some guy on a loud as heck harley pulls into the station making tons of noise. He sits on his bike while it idles down for probably 30seconds or so until it sounds like it's about to die then turns it off. He went in first to buy whatever it was he was going to buy and maybe 20seconds later I went in. Well he obviously got out before me and was standing around his bike when I got out so I looked at him and said "hey man how's it going?" The ***** looked at me gave me the cockiest grin I've ever seen so I just kept on walking. He gets on his bike starts it up and just starts revving the crap out of it! People at the gas station are all looking up like WTF can't we have some peace while we fill up you jerk?! I jump on my bike the guy backs out of his parking spot next to the building revs it some more and then takes his sunglasses off of his "harley davidson racing" hat (WTF I didn't know harley davidsons race bikes, or is it only in their own class the crappy $37000 buell that sucks) and takes off while just staring at me. You hear the jerk just gun it down the 25mph construction road obviously redlining it and the guy filling up his truck next to me just looks at me and says "and that's why I drive a goldwing so I'm not associated with ****** like that." HAHAHAHA That comment really made my day. I just went all day today riding with EVERYONE waving back to me, and there were a lot of people out today in WI with it being 78 degrees, and then I run into this *****. /sigh

Mike

Old 10-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Default RE: Fin ***** (yes another rant about a harley rider)

Ya know its funny..i think i seen the same guy today...kidding.... but there were so many noise makers out today but it was the best day for riding so it was kinda nice to see al lthe chrome on the roads today.I was at a light and seen a Harley take off and try and hit the limiter...i think it tapped out at 9 grand ..i just laffed...never get the respect from those "Higher Than Thou" guys any how...until ya pass em...then they get mad...LOL...to each his own...

Old 10-01-2006, 10:26 PM

************harley mentality*************

picture this>>>>> york pa bike weekend (09/28-10/01/06)

drunk harley riders pull out of bar on their bikes********

they fall over because they forget to put feet down at stop*******

other harley riders rush over, pick bike and biker up*************

put biker back on bike and say-" hurry man, get out of here before cops come"****************

SMART- TRUE STORY

Old 10-01-2006, 10:37 PM

OK..here is one more funny....almost tragic observation from today.....at a light i see Squid..getting up speed for a left turn....as he negotiates the turn with one hand on the bars....i see a bobble and a wobble then ....and this is what i dont get...the first reaction from a non skilled rider,.....ill put my foot down.....it was close i almost had to reach into my ICON Leather and pull out my cell to call for a shovel....no helmet not even long sleeves..tank top....and Super Slick Sunglasses....

Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 PM

Hahaha, most harley riders suck. Weekend retards who want the image. Here's a good one that happened to me today: I was riding one of my favorite roads, very twisty and speed limit is ~50 I was doing about 60-70 and I back up on a Harley sportster with the wife on the back. Now, they're both wearing the silly half dome hats, leather jackets and chaps w/tassles and they're doing 40 ish tops, never made it above. I'm thinking, ok, I'm not in a hurry just enjoy the ride, so no big deal. After 5 mins of that I said F this, because he's going so damn slow, someone's going to be right up my *** because of this guy. I swear, he didn't even downshift going up hill and was topping out at 30 on most hills. First marked passing zone I got I flew by like god himself was pushing me with a mighty hand. See ya later. When it becomes unsafe for me, that's when I leave them in the dust. He was also floating over the double yellow going super wide in the turns.
Also, I had a lot, if not all harley riders wave today! Even a guy on a custom chopper initiated a wave. Mark that one for the record books.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Retired Moderator

I saw an aquaintance recently at the pub my wife works at. He is a member of a semi-local wannabe outlaw biker gang, but he has always been nice when I have dealt with him at work. Anyway, I took him out to show him my new bike, and when he looked at it, he said nothing, then just kind of looked at me liked I french kissed his wife. Talk about an akward moment as we walked back inside. At first, I was bummed, but then I though, "Why would I care if he didn't like my bike?" His dissaproval has no bearing on the spiritual transcention I experience when I get on that thing. Stupid bastard...have fun with your oil leak on wheels!

Old 10-02-2006, 02:27 PM

I suppose, as with any other group, Harley riders have their "bad apples", but demographically, most Harley riders (recent purchasers anyway) are yuppies who don't know about the variety of bikes that are available. When they think "bike", Harley is what comes to mind. It's probably not a good idea to base your perspective on stereotypes. There are some pretty negative stereotypes about sport bike riders. No one group has a monopoly on the rude and inconsiderate. This guy is probably that way in every aspect of his life.
Terry

Old 10-02-2006, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: imaCBRin

************harley mentality*************

picture this>>>>> york pa bike weekend (09/28-10/01/06)

drunk harley riders pull out of bar on their bikes********

they fall over because they forget to put feet down at stop*******

other harley riders rush over, pick bike and biker up*************

put biker back on bike and say-" hurry man, get out of here before cops come"****************

SMART- TRUE STORY
With folks like yourself and Ripp'n on this forum, things are a lot more interesting. I appreciate your unique posting style. =D

Old 10-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was out in raleigh the other day i turn on Tryon road and as i come to this stop light to harleys pull beside me, the guys had those crappy bucket hats on and all that other stuff, and stickers on the helmet, anyway, the guy pulls up beside me, looks at me, smiles and starts talkin....they aint all bad

Old 10-02-2006, 09:56 PM

You're right they ALL aren't self centered conceded ******. Mostly just the young kids who think they're such hot stuff. The older they get the nicer they are it seems.

Mike

Quick Reply: Fin prick (yes another rant about a harley rider)