Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

FHP trooper broke my fender kit!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FHP trooper broke my fender kit!!!!

whats up everybody. so i get pulled over a few days ago by the FLorida Highway Patrol. the trooper gets out oif his car and walks up to me and says that my license is improperly displayed. after he takes my dl back to his cruiser to run the check on me, he walsk back up to me and says that i need to fix it. he then proceeds to bend it downwards with his own two hands. well i didnt think anything of it until 4 days ago i get home only to notice my fender kit is only being held up by the wiring for the turn signals and the l/p light! so needless to say i am a little bit perterbed. so i am going to the local trooper station to file a formal complaint against the trooper that did this. my question to yall is that is there any possibility of either him or the state reimbursing me for a new one? thanx.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Default RE: FHP trooper broke my fender kit!!!!

sorry to hear about that. you didn't notice it break when he was "bending" it?? i'd be pissed for sure. definitely file a complaint but not sure if you'll get them to pay. good luck with this and let us know what happens...

Old 01-31-2006, 03:12 PM

You may have good luck with that. Your bike is your personal property and as far as I know it's illegal for a cop to make any modifications to your property without a warrant. He can cite you for it and even ask you to bend it back down yourself, but I don't think he can do that for you. I'm sure his intention wasn't to cause any damage to your bike, just get you to comply with the law.

Definitely file a complaint and let us know what happens.

good luck bro!

Old 01-31-2006, 06:01 PM
L8X

if you put the time and the energy into it, hell yeah. but you would have made one hell of an enemy. so weigh your options. is pride and "what's right" that important to you? if it is, then more power to ya. good luck

Old 01-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: L8X

if you put the time and the energy into it, hell yeah. but you would have made one hell of an enemy. so weigh your options. is pride and "what's right" that important to you? if it is, then more power to ya. good luck
i agree. the cost of a new kit is about the same as a ticket.

pissed off cop + buddies in blue = lots of tickets.

would be cheaper to fix yourself and avoid the hassle. besides, it would probably take a while to be reimbursed and i'm assuming that you plan on fixing it pretty soon.

Old 01-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Retired Administrator

I agree with 928 and a 1/2 and L8X. You're going to make some enemies take can easlily single you out. I'm sure you're like the rest of us and frequent the higher range on the speedo. Plus, why did you get pulled over in the first place? Was it because of the plate or were you speeding? If he wrote you up for sleeping, it's going to look like you're upset over that and trying to get even. It's the word of a highway patrol against yours... unless they can view video from his dash cam. Is it worth all of that?

Old 01-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think it was installed crappy in the first place...buahhahha...seriously, did he break it or did you do a shaddy job?

Old 01-31-2006, 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Was it because of the plate or were you speeding? If he wrote you up for sleeping, it's going to look like you're upset over that and trying to get even. It's the word of a highway patrol against yours... unless they can view video from his dash cam. Is it worth all of that?
God I hope you weren't sleeping. A ticket would be the least of your worries. J/K DC. Got pulled over a couple of days ago about a license plate for the same reason. Cop told me that I HAD to bend it back down. He wouldn't touch it. Don't know if he can but he wouldn't.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:08 PM

Just ride without a plate and when u get pulled over tell him that a cop broke it off last week. lol j/j thats would be funny but wouldnt be a good idea.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:20 PM

I say F--ck the police and make him pay. I would do everything I could to make him pay. I would get legal council and file more than just a complaint. Little differant story but, I had a friend who had his front door bashed in by 6 Las Vegas cops and then called all kinds of racial remarks. needles to say cops raided the wrong house now my friend sits at home collecting a check every month while the officers involved collect unemployment. rough life. If people don't stand up for ther rights people loose them.

Quick Reply: FHP trooper broke my fender kit!!!!