Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The federal ID card

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The federal ID card

ORIGINAL: rrasco

The less government regulation the better, they are taking the power away from the state, and that is never a good thing.
exactly, but not only are they doing that, they are infringing on my rights to privacy. i mean damn, with these chips they can tell exactly where you are at all times. the arugment has been brougt up that so can cell phones...but lets face it, you can go out for the day and work and buy food and go to the movies if you want without your cell phone and nobody would know where you were unless u told them. now with this, you wont even be able to drive down the street cause it has now become your license and your only form of id...meaning you have to carry it with you at all times.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:31 PM

pro-anarchy

Old 01-14-2008, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

pro-anarchy
anarchy aint the answer...its gettin rid of the ******* politicians that say one thing than do another. all the while they are bendin you over they do it with a smile and defend their position by saying "It will make us safe again" or "It will make it harder for imigrants to get jobs" or some crap *** line like that.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Banned

It really seems like it doesn't matter. If you want to be 'off the grid' you really can't live a normal life, all cash, no credit, no cell phone, no EZ-pass, no blockbuster, no cable TV, no internet. Probably what this card will be used for is to see who isn't registered. Then the rest follows, IRS problems, immigration problems, arrest warrents, overdue library books and such.

A chip is safer than a bar code, but I don't understand how a passive chip can be long distance trackable. If it is it would be simple to jam, cloak or spoof. It sound like a first year electrical engineering student could make an antenna out of a coathanger, urine,and an empty can of cheese whiz that will screw everything up.

Edit: In 2002 Bush expanded Echelon to include domestic communications. Don't forget they have voiceprints of EVERYONE that has every used a phone already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

Old 01-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

A chip is safer than a bar code, but I don't understand how a passive chip can be long distance trackable. If it is it would be simple to jam, cloak or spoof. It sound like a first year electrical engineering student could make an antenna out of a coathanger, urine,and an empty can of cheese whiz that will screw everything up.
I think that is what the other half of the debate is, that the technology is not fool proof and will create more issues than it will solve.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:18 PM

you all realize that through our Drivers licenses we can already be tracked...... or you social security card.... or through credit...... who cares anymore its been 1984 since 1984.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:32 PM

ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange

you all realize that through our Drivers licenses we can already be tracked...... or you social security card.... or through credit...... who cares anymore its been 1984 since 1984.
yeah, but your dl doesnt have a chip in it, does it?

and the chip isnt exactly passive. ill post a link about what one company allready thought about doing tomarrow...i have it at work. think tom cruise in Minority Report. remember when he would walk somewhere and the add would say "Hi John, blah blah blah blah." Now how would you like that with every store that you go in? Or even walking down the street to your favorite spot? I mean, it doesnt take much to read the chip.

Trust me, i dont wanna go off the grid at all. Hell, i like having a cell phone and talking on the internet,id even get that thing with blockbuster if i could where you get to rent the movies all the time for like $30 a month. I just dont like the government having the ability to track my every move. And yeah, i know that they can now with the cell phones as well...and trust me, i dont like that either.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:57 PM

I don't really care either way, even if they do put an rfid chip in it or some **** you can bet your *** im just gonna run a MAGNET over the whole ****ing thing.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:04 PM
RCR

It really doesn't matter to me. So what big brother knows im in a titty bar,wal mart,in a boat and such. Im not a person they will need to worry about. I don't steal, rob people or do drugs. I would not be on their radar. It may also clean up the illegal's we have in the country and keep crimes down if they could track who was where when the incedent happend.

And really like it would notof been hard to track me today. I used my cell phone 20+ times, swiped my atm card 3x's and got gas on my credit card.

I know where youre going with this and I understand your concerns of where it could lead us. I like to fight the system anyways so I would protestit just for the hell of it. I just wanted to point out that it would not effect me personally cause I don't careif they know where I am 24/7.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCR

It really doesn't matter to me. So what big brother knows im in a titty bar,wal mart,in a boat and such. Im not a person they will need to worry about. I don't steal, rob people or do drugs. I would not be on their radar. It may also clean up the illegal's we have in the country and keep crimes down if they could track who was where when the incedent happend.

And really like it would notof been hard to track me today. I used my cell phone 20+ times, swiped my atm card 3x's and got gas on my credit card.

I know where youre going with this and I understand your concerns of where it could lead us. I like to fight the system anyways so I would protestit just for the hell of it. I just wanted to point out that it would not effect me personally cause I don't careif they know where I am 24/7.
illegals n criminals wont be tracked as they wont have a ID card lol

Quick Reply: The federal ID card