Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The federal ID card

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The federal ID card

Just some more BS to cost us all moe money and to keep truck of us. I am not going to get one untill I have to.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I really don't understand what the problem is.

What is the diff if you have a state driver's license or a USRead IDlicense. What about a passport, isn't that a US ID card?

I am confused. I guess I am missing something.

Its another way for the govt to know everything about you. Know where you are at any given tyme. You do know what happens after the ID cards get passed? They will be enbeded with chips w/ gps. mark my words. its coming, Big Brother is not a myth or a bunch of BS. look around n true see wtf is going on

And all in the name of national security. Whose security? The govt n the wealthy.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:23 PM

^^^they have allready been passed...states are just trying to figure out a way to make us get them and when

Old 01-14-2008, 02:32 PM

I really don't understand what the problem is.

What is the diff if you have a state driver's license or a USRead IDlicense. What about a passport, isn't that a US ID card?

I am confused. I guess I am missing something.

look, the idea isnt necasarily bad if you think about it. you get your birth cert, ss card, dl, passport and proof of residense all with one lil card. problem comes into play that this is the real world. their are these things called hackers, wont take long before somebody gets their info stolen.

other problem is, i like my fackin privacy. like playfulgod said, its only a step away from having an rfid chip in it...they "said" that they wouldnt do it just yet but i dont really believe that crap to much just yet (hell, i recently found out that alot of companies are allready using the chips in your credit cards and in your clothing...fackin bs).

next step after that is a completly cashless society...think about it. they can then instead of giving you a paycheck, put it on your card...no more cash, no moreten diff credit cards, just one lil card. doesnt sound all that bad right? but that also means that they would be able to track your every purchase with the thing. you can allready see that some companies are pushing for this allready. hell, look at the visa comercials for bank of america. everybody is singing and dancing and having a good time waiting in line to pay for their bagel or some crap like that and the line is moving nice and fast cause they are using their debit cards, then the "*******" with the cash stops the line from movingas fast and everybody looks at him for what he is, an ***...fackin bs

Old 01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Its another way for the govt to know everything about you.
Aren't we trackable by credit cards and cell phones already? Don't traffic cameras scan our license plates and know where we drive. Isn't there facial recognition softwareprocessing every frame from every video from every security cameras.

If it comes down to only one F**king card, I'll leave the bitch at home or wrap inlead/gold/tin foil or something to hide it. Better yet, put that thing in a microwave for 10 seconds, that mess up ANY chip.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:40 PM

Aren't we trackable by credit cards and cell phones already? Don't traffic cameras scan our license plates and know where we drive. Isn't there facial recognition softwareprocessing every frame from every video from every security cameras.

If it comes down to only one F**king card, I'll leave the bitch at home or wrap inlead/gold/tin foil or something to hide it. Better yet, put that thing in a microwave for 10 seconds, that mess up ANY chip.
Tie it to a weather baloon.

FBI #1: "Hes leaving the country!"
FBI #2: "Where the hell is he going?"
FBI #1: "How the hell is he 10000ft in the air in the first place?"
FBI #3: "wtf"

Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM

yeah but then the card wouldnt work for ****...which means, no going on an airplane, no going into any federal building or any federal park either (those are the rules right now). and if they do put the chips in (which they will) then everything that makes you, you in our society (ss#, DL#, and so on) would be null and void. you wouldnt be jack without it and thats the point im getting at. you really dont have a way to choose not to get this card as it stands now.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Retired Moderator

I have mixed emotions about this one. The debatespeaks tonational safety vs. your personal liberties. I'm sure it can be debatedon either side remarlably wellad nauseum. I think I can be picked out individually and f_cked with right now...today...by anyone whohas the know how or technology("friend" or foe).

Old 01-14-2008, 03:18 PM

yeah, but with just once way to pick the info out from just makes it even easier to be picked out. i really dont like the fact that the federal government is steping over states rights and saying that our driver's licenses will be null and void as far as an id for entrence into any federal building, which includes getting on a plane. fack that ****e

Old 01-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The less government regulation the better, they are taking the power away from the state, and that is never a good thing.

Quick Reply: The federal ID card