Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Favorite Video Games Ever

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Favorite Video Games Ever

I really enjoyed the Halflife series, even though Halflife 2's graphics were awesome, the story of the first one was groundbreaking. While waiting for Duke Nukem to be released ID Software released Prey. Man that was a great game!! The story and graphics were awesome!! One of my all time favorites. Right now im hooked on this little game called Trackmania Nations, where we race this little F1 cars around tracks doing loops and jumps. Playing Trackmania Nations online is highly addictive!!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Rider, ever since COD series came out, the MoH series is dead to me. I went back and played them, and man they are waaaaaaay unrealistic. Not every game has to be real as can be but man, when you shoot someone in the head, you expect them to die.

Also EVERY ****in war game that involves Koreans, Chinese, etc they make them the hardest *********ers to kill. MoH rising sun is the worst. I can unload a full clip from a Thompson and the ****er will still be standing. Take a **** and you cap him in the stomach, he's done.

Was hoping Airborne was going to be good but what a waste of time. They say they are staying "history correct", but when did gasmask rocket launchin ****'s become fact and heavy machine gun toting, taking 20 bullets to the head become history?
The first MoH was great for LAN parties. I loved dropping my frag right when I died. My friend shot me, came up to my body and started laughing...I said over my shoulder, Merry Christmas. Boom. He punched me.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:48 AM

TNMT II the arcade game!

Old 08-18-2008, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

I always wonder how many people who say Halo is the best have played counter-strike or unreal tournament on the PC. They blow halo out the water.
never played ut, but cs just wasnt for me. ive been a halo addict since halo 1 was out and i had to find games through my pc on gamespy. 3/3 CTF BG! just always stayed loyal.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:51 AM

OK, I am not sure if this is in this thread somewhere or not, but I read the first two pages, and I'm pissed this isn't on here yet.

Name:  tecmo_super_bowl_front1.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  50.0 KB

I once used the Raiders and after 12 games into the season, had 9,499 yards rushing and 78 TD's, and the game froze. Bo Jackson was unstoppable. It did help that he was "EXCELLENT" after the first game, and the competition had no chance.

Name:  motivator4759380.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  24.4 KB

Also, another cool game was "Baseball Stars." These were the frist two games to actively record your stats for the season.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Forgot one on my list, sat around Sun nite with my boy and played for 6 hours. Dusty Diamond all star softball.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:58 AM

Don't play much anymore but do enjoy some of the newer stuff on the 360 - Gears of War, Grid, Rainbow Six-Vegas, Project Gotham Racing series, Madden or NCAA football, Call of Duty 4 is bad *** (but too short), Army Of Two.
They are coming out with a new Mortal Kombet (MK vs DC) fighting with the DC Comic characters, should be bad ***.
Hell, I still have an Atari 2600 (the Original) with Asteroids, Pitfall, Space Invaders! Plus the Sega Genesis, Sonic rules! And NBA Jams, Chakan (rare) and MK 1!
I like the older ones some, don't hardly ever hook them up, the graphics on the newer systems (360 & PS3) are too badass to mess around with the old ones much.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 AM

^^ +1 to NBA JAM. me and my cousins used to play for days at a time, it used to get pretty intense. BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:42 AM

HES ON FIRE!!!!! CANT BUY A BASKET!!!!! B-B-B-BRICCCKKK!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Rider, ever since COD series came out, the MoH series is dead to me. I went back and played them, and man they are waaaaaaay unrealistic. Not every game has to be real as can be but man, when you shoot someone in the head, you expect them to die.

Also EVERY ****in war game that involves Koreans, Chinese, etc they make them the hardest *********ers to kill. MoH rising sun is the worst. I can unload a full clip from a Thompson and the ****er will still be standing. Take a **** and you cap him in the stomach, he's done.

Was hoping Airborne was going to be good but what a waste of time. They say they are staying "history correct", but when did gasmask rocket launchin ****'s become fact and heavy machine gun toting, taking 20 bullets to the head become history?
what?? not doubting that the game that you mentioned was the ish but MOH was the ish when i was still gaming

Quick Reply: Favorite Video Games Ever