Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

family members who ride?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: family members who ride?

my dad's been riding for over 25 years... all cruisers. currently has a V Star Custom. not a bad bike... i enjoy taking it out every now and then.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:06 AM

three of my brothers have experience, two of them still have bikes... the third is in iraq. and i know that at least 3 more brothers and a sisterwant bikes but are either married, or too young.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:36 AM

My uncle in seattle rides, i just sold my kawi zx900 to omy other oncle who lives down the street from me i ride my gorgeous 1000 and i bout my mom a honda metropolitan for mothers day. she loves it! haha she not the motorcycle type cause shes seen the "end" results of owning one. shes a 3rd grade teacher to show how out of place she feels on a motorcycle.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my fondest memories of my old man, was riding in the side car of his BSA, sitting on my older brothers lap so I could see over the tarp, watch my old man with a grin a mile wide. On the way home, same corner everytime, would lift the chair off the ground and make "Hoowee" calls. I kinda like to think that the love of bikes was something we shared in common. (he died of cancer when I was 10) My Step-father was an ex cop, who used to come up with all sorts of excuses to borrow my CB250 (back in the late 60's) He taught me the one golden rule for riding bikes "Half the bastards on the road will try and kill you, the other half are thinking about it". But the biggest buzz was going for a ride on my CBR with my nephew on his CBR (1st of the F4's) I was very proud, he's a really good rider. His mum still hates the fact that because of me, her son rides a "Death machine" but as they say "A life lived in fear, is a life half lived".

Old 03-02-2007, 11:45 AM

My dad use to ride but he sold it because of me. He gave up alot so my plan is to return the favor. My dad is the coolest.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:32 PM

My dad bought a HD two years ago. He got it because everybody at work has one and so does the owner. He’s rode it a handful of times and now it just sits there collecting dust. I call it a brownnosing midlife crisis on wheels.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:54 PM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

My dad bought a HD two years ago. He got it because everybody at work has one and so does the owner. He’s rode it a handful of times and now it just sits there collecting dust. I call it a brownnosing midlife crisis on wheels.
You'd be surprised at the number of people that do this. My buddy works at a local HD dealer and he's shocked every time someone brings in a bike to trade and it has more than 1 or 2 thousand miles on it. He had his Harley 2 years before I got my Valkyrie... I think I passed him up mileage-wise in less than 2 months.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:08 PM

my brother-in-law (sister's husband) and his brother both ride... R6 and GSX-R1000 respectivley... now we just need to find a kawi rider...lol.. but it's pretty cool cause my bike is up at his shop (for the winter) in the front office along with his and his brother's bike, so when customers come in they're the first thing they see... and the shop has nothing to do with bikes...lol

Old 03-03-2007, 01:59 AM

I think im the only one here that DOESNT have any family members that ride. My dad always asks me why i ride that "death machine", but the rest of my family are fine with it, but no one else rides.
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Quick Reply: family members who ride?