Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

family members who ride?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default family members who ride?

my father just bought his first bike today (its his birthday in30 minutes, present to himself), a 1980 yamaha maxim-1, i dont think he ever wouldve bought a bike ever if i hadnt convinced him to take the MSF (i went with him, my second time through, as a father son type thing). im excited because me and my dad haven't done many things together like this. im trying to get my cousins to buy bikes too...it just made me wonder if anyone else rides with their fathers/mothers/or any other family members?

Old 02-28-2007, 02:42 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: family members who ride?

yep ! my dad used to ride and given the chance he would steal my f3 from me in a heart beat ! also my brothers ride and some of my friends ! we love it

Old 02-28-2007, 03:00 AM

My mother (yes, mother) rides a '06 HD Heritage softtail classic, Big *** bike and my brother used to have acbr 600f2

Old 02-28-2007, 03:14 AM

my mother, father, both grandparents on my father's side, every uncle on my mom's side (8) every uncle on my dad's side (4), and his sister all have experience riding motorcycles, and most of the uncles on my dad's side are still riding.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

my mother, father, both grandparents on my father's side, every uncle on my mom's side (8) every uncle on my dad's side (4), and his sister all have experience riding motorcycles, and most of the uncles on my dad's side are still riding.
wow, i hope one day my family can do something like that! so far, just me and my dad, hopefully we'll be paving the way for the rest of the fam'

Old 02-28-2007, 10:32 AM

My dad used to ride, my uncles and one of my aunts.
Im tryin to get my dad back into it!

Old 02-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Retired Moderator

That is so cool, Catman! Everything you do with your fatherjust creates memories you will have forever. My wife rides now(at my urging), my Uncle rides a Harley (Roadking?), and my 10 year old daughter wants a dirt bike...I feel an overwhelming urge to give into her! After all, she is my baby girl (I'm such a pushover with her).

Old 02-28-2007, 11:14 PM

my dad has always rode cruisers, never really rode a bunch but he's always had one
Still has a 72 Yamaha 650 that he bought new, now he rides a 97 Kawi 750
My uncle is the same way

Old 02-28-2007, 11:30 PM

My parents hate it, "why you wanna get a motor-sickle! They don't bag on me, but you just know......my brother rides and has ridden allot, he got away from sportbikes cause he doesn't trust himself, and he got hit by 2 drunk drivers in a year, so now he has these big huge decked out cruisers for nice sunny days. My uncle, probably my first experience on a bike, he made a good living, and almost every year, or every other year, got the latest and greatest fully decked out, every option, HD electra-glide or HDroad king. He never traded in a bike, sold one or two that he got tired of, but mostly kept every one, he's old and going through Chemo, but when he can he rides as much as possible. He has a seperate garage with no **** 12-16 HD's all purchased new by himfrom the 60's 70's and up till now. He kept the ones he really liked and sold the others cause it was too many to keep up with, but when he can, rides them all regularly.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:51 PM

Father, brother, and some aunts and uncles, mainly all HD's.

Quick Reply: family members who ride?