Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

F U LAKERS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F U LAKERS!

nothing like a 40 point beatdown to finish em offf.....GO CELTICS!

Old 06-18-2008, 10:01 AM

^^^^ and what an *** whoopin it was.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love it.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Retired Moderator

Okay, so the big baby is back with another rant...or my thoughts...or something:

I did not burn anything last night. However, it was my two year anniversary (thank you, thank you). We recorded the game because we weren't due home until about 9:00 after dinner and a movie. Well, I watched about half way through the first quarter, saw the writing on the wall, and checked the internet to see the final score. Needless to say, I was F_CKING PISSED! I went to bed to pout and watch anything other than the game, and ended up not having any anniversary sex. Damn! I am really glad basketball season is over so I can quit alienating my family.

So, Capn Slow...the old "Kobe can't win without Shaq" theory , huh? Here's what I know. I was a Shaq fan when he was with Orlando. When they went to the finals against Hakeem's Rockets, that was the first year I REALLY paid attention to BBall (didn't they get swept with that decade's next Michael Jordan, Penny Hardaway). I followed Shaq to the Lakers and became a fan (I was also born in Norwalk...So Cal...LA, so I have a birth right). I watched him lose post season after post season with guys like Glenn Rice, Nick Van Exel, and even Magic Johnson. Then, he and Kobe win three with Phil but everybody hates eachother. Laker's GM/owners decide to bank on a young, athletic Kobe instead of a now declining Shaq. Lakers lose and lose. Shaq goes to Miami and wins another ring on the back of D Wade and an epic failure on behalf of that years team with the best record and MVP...the Mavs. That is Shaq's last ring ever, while Kobe can still win 1-3 more. Shaq isn't the reason Kobe won. He needed Kobe just as much, and also needed D Wade. Look at what he did with the Suns this year. Pathetic.

Rrasco...you are a bastard. Good thing I already like you.

Hayden...you are a bastard, too. Baaston accents sound like when my farts get amplified while I'm sitting on the toilet. Do you talk like that, too? Hahahaha...you know I am kidding!

In closing, good job Celtics. You deserved to win. Two ingredients make up NBA champs: Defense and team play. Lakers did not play as a team, and didn't play good enough D. Celtics played smothering defense as they did all season, and had one of their bench step up EVERY game. Not to mention, one or two of the big three always showed up. They could count on eachother and were a team. Kobe, for the most part, did everything he could. His bigs played like crap, and Sasha played one good game. Walton...Radmonovich...did you guys play at all? Not a team to be found. Enough out of me...I could go on forever...

Old 06-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They needed a different coach imo .. anytime a coach wins championship(s) subsequently any failure is the teams fault, prior to championships failures are all laid on the coaches shoulders and he usually gets fired. His coaching style doesn't fit the team imo and his 9 championships where IN SPITE of him because he has always had the benefit of having the best players in the NBA on his teams. Yeah, I said it. Yes they reached the finals, but me thinks they might've been a better team without Phil at the helm .. good enough to beat the Celtics you ask? I doubt it but I def. think the *** whooping in a game 7 wouldn't have occurred (his team didn't even looked like they showed up for the game).

Congrats on your anniversary voods.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

back with another rant...or my thoughts...or something

Actually, you perfectly executed a 'diatribe', complete with a bit of sugar to soften the choking. Well done.

I think I'm gonna try puck-ball, though...had a great time watching Stanley. Hockey seems more, well, sincere. Go Penggins!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Retired Moderator

Kewl,
I hate to think that Phil is not "Zen" enough, but he is sometimes not pro-active enough. He has arguabley had the best players ever, but he has had to coach the biggest egos in the game. He also has taken a "lottery pick" Laker team to the finals within a few years. That is pretty good in my book...but what the hell do I know? I called the Lakers in six!

Spirit,
I love that word"diatribe" (had to look it up). If I am going to invest so much energy into a stupid basketball game, maybe I shouldredirect that energyinto my portfolio...orstamp collecting...or holding a world record for farting. Farting is more usefull, anyway...[&:]

Old 06-18-2008, 10:16 PM

OMG that game was depressing and embarrassing. As a Lakers fan I can agree with you voodoo. I think the Celtics deserved it too. I'm glad KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen finally got a championship under their belt. They earned it too.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

VooDoo dont you owe me some money or something, i called Boston in 6 did i not . I am not really a fan of either team (although i have been a fan of KG) i really just wanted to see a cometitive series and alas it was a dud. I also DONT want to hear anymore of this Kobe is the next Jordan crap, he ISNT, he is his own man, let it rest.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Retired Moderator

FFCBRf4i...I agree. The big three alldeserve a ring. Actually, they deserve a ring less than Malone/Stockton, Ewing, or Miller...but who am I to complain?

Teeks...Kobe has more 'moves' than MJ. The only reason I think you can't compare the two is because you can't compare apples to oranges. If you could, I would love to see how MJ treated his mates...it would be the same as Kobe, but he gets a heap of **** for it. I think MJ had more resolve than Kobe has...butKobe still has a shot at as many rings. Would that make him as good? Probably not. Kobe is still the best of his generation.

Quick Reply: F U LAKERS!