Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

EXTREME!! Sprocket Handoff Challenge!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome sounds great, cant wait to get this thing started! everybody just remember to post up the progress and keep up everyday so you dont miss when it goes by your area!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:51 AM

This is a really cool idea. I live in San Diego and could ride it to the US/Mexico Border as the furthest most point in the south west.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:31 AM

plotted location on map, quartermaster!

Old 06-20-2012, 05:43 AM

Added

Old 06-24-2012, 12:43 PM

Alright guys, I'm picking up a brand new bike next week. At that point I'll try to borrow my friends stands and take the sprockets off my F2. Then I'll wash it and paint it.

Gotta talk to some guys around here, but I'm going to try to get it over to West Quoddy Head next week as well. Just depends on when all my gear gets here and when I can get my bike from the dealership.

For you guys down in Mass. I will be heading your way on the 5th/6th of July, so if somebody wants to meet up around the Springfield area, I'll be down there so send me a PM!

Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929
I could meet you in Mass and bring it to NY (if no other Mass-member speaks up)
and i can take it from N.Y to south N.J or P.A area

Old 06-25-2012, 08:16 AM

Okay so if we are going to the "Extremes of the US" wouldnt the next step be Florida Keys. In that case theres no reason for it to go to Springfield. It should stay near I95 and ride down to the tip of Florida, then It can head up to Minnesota and then west toward Washington. This is just my opinion. I propose we meet up somewhere near I95 (Either North shore, Boston, or South shore) and ride it down to CT, NY, or Jersey.

I suppose you could go to Minnesota then Washington but then it will literally be as far away as it possibly could be from Key West. This way doesn't make much sense to me especially if we want to complete this journey by the end of the summer / riding season considering some of us dont ride all year.

Last edited by Michaud85; 06-25-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:57 AM

I'm in MD and can eventually pick it up from NJ and take it down here and deliver it somewhere else?

Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 PM

...I have to head down to Springfield for a college thing. I know there is at least one member in Springfield area that can move it from there. I don't expect everybody to live on I95, so unless people pick it up from person to person and move it south I don't think going a bit West is a huge deal. I'm already riding 550 miles to get it out to WQH and dip it there, so I personally would rather not have to go too far out of the Springfield area, maybe 50 miles.

Just a lot of riding in a very short time period haha, but we'll see how it hammers out. I just need somebody to meet me in the area.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by That Guy in Maine
...I have to head down to Springfield for a college thing.
Just a lot of riding in a very short time period haha, but we'll see how it hammers out. I just need somebody to meet me in the area.
I see. lol springfield is about 2 hrs from me so I guess I could head out there and bring it to CT on friday the 6th and then meet up with "this guy" on saturday the 7th. and he can take it further down.

Quick Reply: EXTREME!! Sprocket Handoff Challenge!