CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   experienced rider course (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/experienced-rider-course-60300/)

jaynd 02-19-2008 05:34 PM

experienced rider course

i know everyone here is pro MSF class (me and my g/f took the class). i took mine back in '05 and got my 1st bike in April of '07 and since then, i've racked up 19k miles. i have been thinking about registering to do the "experienced rider" class that they offer. you have to use your own bike/gear. its $150, and im interested in seeing how i can whip my bike around on that course ;).

anyone on here take that class? i never hear anything about it.

Hatebreed 02-19-2008 05:50 PM

RE: experienced rider course

bumpy. im interested on hearing some feedback from that class

jaynd 02-19-2008 05:53 PM

i know to some it might seem pointless and they'd rather do trackdays (im going broke w/o doing them....), but for a measly $150 i wouldnt mind seeing what i can do on that course now that i've gotten some seat time. the instructor at my g/f's MSF class mentioned to me that all they do is move the cones out a bit making the course slightly larger for the obviously larger bikes.

WhiteDealershipRice 02-19-2008 06:14 PM

on some drills they do, on some they don't... You'll be manuvering your bike on the same tight ass course they set, but some of the drills are different (I hear the enclosed space figure 8 manuver is actually tighter on the ERC so on a sportbike youll have to counterlean waaaay out there to stay within the box. )

I still don't have enough flight hours to take it, but when I do, I'll definately sign up for it... Money well spent IMO

oh... either sport rider, or Motorcyclist had an article on it last month...

thirdgenlxi 02-19-2008 06:51 PM

I haven't taken it myself, but my buddy took it awile back, and thought it would be nothing but was actually surprised and learned some new stuff. He was a very experienced rider, too. I believe eventually he ended up becoming an instructor and teaching the class himself. I was thinking of taking it too, just haven't gotten around to it yet

FWIW ;)

dizzie56 02-19-2008 06:56 PM

im thinkin of taking it, specially after how much i learned on the msf course. i had over a year and a half seat time riding round blue haired grannies that drive caddys the size of boats that they cant see over the stearing wheel and figured that i had it all...def didnt lol. only thing i didnt like hearing from the instructors bout that course was that they said alot of people ended up dropping their bikes out there.

VP 02-19-2008 07:08 PM

Yeah Jared and I were just talking about that... I definitely want to take it before I hit up the dragon this summer... it's one of those things I feel like I would be better off taking

sixhundredrr 02-19-2008 08:37 PM

I think I'll take it this summer. I think it's only $25 here in SW MI.

FITZ 02-19-2008 10:28 PM

Yea its 25 here in ohio too I think. I talked to the instructor I had for the MSF course about it. He told me its basically the same course but there are a couple more obstacles and you do it on your own bike. I mean its not gonna teach you to drag your knee or anything, however I am sure you will go over things such as quick stops and counterleaning. Either way I think its worth the money