Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

EVERY new rider should see this...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can view it as a deterrent or you can view it as a motivator to be safer, it's all up to you either way you view it, I think it's just a motivation to be safer, I knew motorcycling was dangerous but that really opened my eyes wider than they were about how safe I need to be when riding. I mean honestly, my MSF instructor told me about that site, said to me that 'if you think road rash is bad, check out -------- and if you can't handle that, then wear FULL GEAR ALL THE TIME.'

Also, it seem to be more centrifugally focused on safety, note the giant letters or picture somewhere down the page that say 'AGAT' meaning - 'ALL GEAR ALL THE TIME'

Old 05-17-2010, 05:50 PM

Dang it, I knew I shouldn't have clicked...

Old 05-17-2010, 07:16 PM

why do people play into these stupid shock-tactics?!?! That is a site completely against riding. Its not meant to tell people to be careful or anything else. Dont click the link and feed this bull****.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by bakesf4i
why do people play into these stupid shock-tactics?!?! That is a site completely against riding. Its not meant to tell people to be careful or anything else. Dont click the link and feed this bull****.
It's not a f--kin shock tactic it's a serious reality of riding. Reality of riding = Death. Simple as that.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Goloth
It's not a f--kin shock tactic it's a serious reality of riding. Reality of riding = Death. Simple as that.
Whoa there! If that's what you think, stop fixing your bike and buy a Volvo.

And the website's motives are slightly suspect imo. Seeing as how the first thing you see there is that the domain name is for sale and how many hits it receives / day. Along with there is no visible focus beyond posting gory motorcycle accidents. If it were Pro Gear, there'd be more survival and 2nd chance stories because of gear. It does have a slightly monetary stink to it to me.

People can take what they want from the site. What I took away from it:

Nada

I wear my gear. Wore it before I ever knew the site existed.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:02 PM

Life= death !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooner or later
My math doesnt show riding = death unless I forgot to carry the one.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Goloth
Your math is way off and you should probably get off the road.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:08 PM

What new riders should read "I Survived a Motorcycle Accident" Stories

http://www.experienceproject.com/gro...p?g=111562&s=d

Old 05-17-2010, 11:17 PM

I'm not saying that you are going to die because you ride... I'm saying that a reality of riding a motorcycle is death, it's a very real possibility, therefore a reality. THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING, LEARN THAT PLEASE.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, Goloth, your siggy stole the words outta my mouth. I ride to live, I don't ride to die. Of course, I went right to the pictures when I first visited the site and brushed it off as another "YOU WILL DIE IF YOU RIDE A MOTORCYCLE" rant, but if you re-read the bits before the gory pictures the author does talk about being a ride him/herself and the MSF course.

The post that Frenetic posted a while back motivated me to gear up all the time and since seeing the photos he posted, I've only ridden without gear once.. and by without gear I mean I only left out my riding pants. The site posts a lot of road rash that could have probably been avoided by leathers and he even states that some of the road rash pics are from people who wore non-leather gear.

Quick Reply: EVERY new rider should see this...