Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ever file a legal dismissal?

Old 11-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever file a legal dismissal?

Long story, but if you have any legal intelligence,please help & read. Thank you.

Back this summer when I broke my arm, my SO and I were pulled over on my way to the hospital by a city cop. We werent speeding (I kept a close eye on it) and we were in regular traffic coming into a small town (Hortonville, WI). Well as we came into town, the cop pulled out behind us and waited until we were in the outskirts of town to pull us over. Cop come to the car and her and my girlfriend get into an argument over the power of authority and how we were in need to get to the hospital. Im sitting there bleeding and holding my broken arm sick of everything and cant even get my girl to shut the **** up.

Cop explains that it is now her obligation to get medical attention to me due to me now being her obligation if I die from Hortonville to the Hospital another 20min away. I accept her point (because I have no choice), I refues the ambulance and dont even have to get out of the car when the EMTs arrive. They wave me free to go to the cop and in turn the cop attempts to give my girl a warning for speeding. This realty sets her off and it turns into a disorderly conduct! We leave and my girl is in tears because of how worked up she is and I am pissed that she couldnt just STFU!!! We have both dealt with the wrong end of the law more than anyone should have to and these kinds of events bring out great defense for obvious reasons.

Now I get out of the hospital and on the way home, I stop at the cop shop to file a complaint against the woman officer that pulled us over stating that she was abusing her power and was also in misconduct. Talked with the chief for a little bit to let him read it and talked with him briefly to let him see why I felt the way I did, openly made him aware that my girl didnt proper, yet could have been addressed in a different manner, and this whole even would have never escalated as it did . Week later, he reviews the tape of the event and states that his officer didnt go outside of her power and did nothing wrong. I come in the same day he called with my girl to review the tape with him and to go over everything. He proved his point, and I openly admit that I can understand why he feels that way and how the officer mechanically did nothing wrong. We shook hands and I was under the impression that him and I had come to an understanding…

Fast forward to this weekend, I get a letter in the mail from Hortonville PD with a citation for *Obstruction of Justice*!!!!!!!!!!! Im flaming pissed as I read this fine issued well after Jamie has entered a *Not guilty* plea and feel that the fine is more of an abuse of power again in response to her plea! Im kinda shaking typing this cause of how pissed I am! I didnt file that complaint to be used against me in the court, I used it as a suggestion box response to a shtty service by the police department! Never knew that filing a complaint against a cop show would wind you up with a $200 fine!

So know I want to file a dismissal against the citation in an attempt of having the fine thrown out completely. I am lookin to see if anyone is familiar with this type of action to help, as I will be calling a few law offices to see if I have any chance in even trying.

NOTE: THIS THREAD IS NOT TO TURN INTO A ****ING HATE COP THREAD, NO MATTER HOW I/OR YOU FEEL TWORDS LAW ENFORCEMENT, I WANT TO KEEP THIS TO LEGAL ADVICE. FEEL FREE TO PM ME IF YOU WANT TO VENT LIKE ME.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Default RE: Ever file a legal dismissal?

Yeah, those are the things that race thru my head every time I think about this crap. The sick part is that I was very professional with the chief the whole time. As for the being rich and getting a lawyer, no way. Im so broke that thats the main reason I want to try and file a dismissal in my own document as professional as possible to make it stick. Im dealing with a small *** township that makes me feel that they are trying to bleed a rock.

I know there are a lot of legal rights that we have out there that many citizens arent aware of because we are not lawyers or real that damn multi bible sized lawbook. IDK, it just kills a part of me to give in and let them act like the Gestapo.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a side note, well...question really...

This is all because the cop attempted to give your SO a warning?

They wave me free to go to the cop and in turn the cop attempts to give my girl a warning for speeding.
Sorry, it should have ended there.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:00 AM

Oh, trust me! I know that full heartedlly and she is full aware that her over-reacting caused all this to come about. When the cop came to the car and started with a stubborn tone, my girl went into defensive mode. I felt that the cop could have handled the situation better, as a diffrent cop that showed up was very calm and well mannored, unlike cop #1 that turnedinto the *I own you* cop.

Bull butting heads only ends bad when one of them is a cop. I was only complaining about the way the first cop was using excessive power and escilated the situation more than it ever needed to be by setting off my girl, and really there was no reason to be pulled over in the first place because I know for a fact that she wasnt going 55-60 in a 35 like the cop stated (without the evidence of a radar).

Old 11-25-2008, 08:03 AM
RCR

Is there a court date? If so take it to the judge by pleading not guilty.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:07 AM

Ive been down that road many times before. And that is all I can do if there is no such thing as a dismissal. Ive heard of them before, and my objective is to get the case dropped before it even gets to the court date ... if it is possible.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:19 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Bottom line with these types of things is how much do you want to shell out to fight this..? are you rich ?

The fine is only 200 (which still sucks ..yer ) but you cant get a lawyer to fight this for that sort of money , so why not do what most do and that's just pay the bloody thing to the bastards and forget it ...

It's a matter of principal. Because the officer and his S.O. butted heads. The officer (female herself) should of understood that she was emotional at the time and we all know don't mess with an emoitional girl!! They can't STFU.

Anyways back to the principal thing. Im fighting OSHA over a$350 fine that is most likely going to cost over $2500 for fees.I would rather make a point then bow down to a corrupt system.

last summer I went to court 4 times to fight a reckless driving ticket from an ego maniac cop. I won, the charges were dropped and that cost me 5 times the amount of the original fine. I am a person when I get a speeding ticket for speeding I pay it, but when I get fined for somethingthat was not my fault I fight it.

Northern may be able to fight this on his own with minimal cost (days off from work) the emergancy situation should of been first on the officers priority list not bickering with his S.O. and a judge may see that. She wasn't acually speeding or the officer would of given her a speeding ticket. She was just being a bitch.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Ive been down that road many times before. And that is all I can do if there is no such thing as a dismissal. Ive heard of them before, and my objective is to get the case dropped before it even gets to the court date ... if it is possible.
A dismissal probably wont work here cause there is evidence to warrent a case/ticket from the officer. That is why they give you a court date to explain your side in front of the judge.

You most likely will have to go to courtbut I would file a report against the officer andher conduct in a emergancy situation. I would also state that the reason you could not take the ambulance ride is cause you didn't have another $800 laying around to pay for a ride that your were already getting for free.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:31 AM

Yeah, Im there man. **** sucks.

Glad to hear you won your case ... even thou it was a huge expensive hassle, pride is priceless

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ever file a legal dismissal?