Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

El Paso, Tx

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: El Paso, Tx

^^ Yeah, it's a huge city, but it's disgusting and filthy. Every time I have to go to El Paso for something, I just want to leave as soon as possible. Pollution is bad (because Juarez, Mexico is right there on the other side of the Rio Grande and pollutes the air like no other). Not to mention if your bike/car/anything is stolen, it's across the border quicker that you would ever realize it's stolen.

There have been news stories of cars being stolen and actually across the border in under 30 minutes (sometimes less).

So yeah, El Paso is a s**thole to me. But I guess that's because I grew up in Las Cruces and have seen it on a constant basis my whole life.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to resurrect an old topic but i am in El Paso with my new 05 CBR 600rr if anyone wants to ride...

Old 04-11-2008, 04:25 PM

Cool!! once i get my bike fixed i'll PM you man, so we could go for a ride...[8D]

And NO El Paso is not a S.ithole... Is a regular midsize city with their own problems, just as any other city, lot's of timesdiscriminated, because they are a lot of people from Mexican origin, but non harmfull, it rank 3rd. most safe place in america, by one magazine.But if you go there and have a Pre-judgement than you can't really say good things about it... just my two cents.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:28 PM

/\/\ its really not a ****ty city, but i don't like it either, once again, a biased view from someone who commented on it already. it seems homie to me though since my whole family practically lives there.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:34 PM

Once again... if you move to any city in the country,there are going to be places that are nice, and some there are very gettoish, but not the hole thing, if you have any friend/relative that is a hommie, well... what are you going to think? are you going to be in the nice parts of town?, no.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:38 PM

I don't really mind it anymore, all my family stays on the the west side.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:42 PM

All i have to say is Welcome to anybody that comes to this desert town[sm=smiley32.gif][sm=partyparty.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]lol.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz

Cool!! once i get my bike fixed i'll PM you man, so we could go for a ride...[8D]

And NO El Paso is not a S.ithole... Is a regular midsize city with their own problems, just as any other city, lot's of times discriminated, because they are a lot of people from Mexican origin, but non harmfull, it rank 3rd. most safe place in america, by one magazine. But if you go there and have a Pre-judgement than you can't really say good things about it... just my two cents.
No........it's a s**t hole.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:50 PM

You have your oppinion...

Old 04-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Retired Moderator

^^ Just joking around with ya.

Quick Reply: El Paso, Tx