Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

El Paso, Tx

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default El Paso, Tx

It sure seems like a nice place. I arrived here last night for buisness and I've had all day (due to schedualing) to basically goof off. Scenery is nice, weather kicks butt, the convertible rental care is nice... heck, even dropped in to this place called "Mr. Motorcycle" to check out the bikes. They've got Aprilla's, honda's, ducatti's, everything. Cool place. Also checked out the jackets they had and was happy to get to try on a Joe Rocket Honda jacket. They didn't have the size I wanted, but I got a good idea of what would fit me.

Overall, the place is nice. Anybody else around here?

Old 02-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Default RE: El Paso, Tx

HAHA...not me but i am from OKC... im currently working in NY for Chesapeake. you like el paso? i have heard its pretty damn wierd

Old 02-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I HATE el paso. My family moved to SA from there 2 yrs before I was born, but both my parents are from there inherently making most of my family from there. It can be a great place, but I visited it so often as a kid that it ended up just being the desert city at the end of the 8 hour desert drive, I-10. At least it actually snows there every once in a while, not like in SA where it has not snowed since 85. Albeit, it is 80* today.

I know Kikepiz lives in the old armpit of Texas. Sorry, thats just my very-biased POV.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:36 PM

Hey welcome... im one, and an hour from here is Las Cruces NM. whereBlue Fox lives, good tohear that you like it here.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Old 02-08-2008, 04:42 PM

Haha, nice. Like I said... just here for work. Heck, just 2 days ago I was in the land of the Mormons in Salt Lake City, Utah. The week before that I was in Denver, Co and Chicago, IL... then back home to Oklahoma. So far... this place has been the least "Holy cow I think my ***** just froze". If I had to drive here... I could see why that would suck though.

There's an import Tuner show here on the 23rd I think... I bet that would be fun to go to. Oklahoma City doesn't get cool stuff like that, let alone get a good enough crowd showing up to make it worth it... so I guess I understand from a buisness standpoint. It just sucks otherwise.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one thing I did always like, the staron the mountain, along with the high school letters. My mom and dad went to, Eastwood? That and the one neighborhood where at christmas they deck all the houses out, dunno what it was called.

Haha, nice lights in the building, go Miners!

Old 02-08-2008, 04:50 PM

I am up in Alamogordo NM an hour straight north up 54. I try to stay the hell out of El Paso though. Too many damn people for my taste and you have to ride very very verr defensive.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:53 PM

Linkin park March 2 rigth here!!! http://www.coasttocoasttickets.com/b...htm?pid=738781

Old 02-08-2008, 04:56 PM

OKC doesnt get ****.. i hate that place... but i love my sooners..

texas.. well enough said.. not a fan..

travel as much as you can if you live in oklahoma.. lol

Quick Reply: El Paso, Tx