Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

El Paso man charged with manslaughter when he crashes motorcycle (passanger dies)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default El Paso man charged with manslaughter when he crashes motorcycle (passanger dies)

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_904662...lpasotimes.com

Quite frankly I hope they put this idiot away. I do not go one day without seeing some squid riding a bike (any make) with no gear on except a helmet and carrying a passanger (usually female) who is wearing a helmet with daisy dukes, a tube top and some high heels. Dont get me wrong, she could have worn something different but he shouldnt have let her on until she did. Then he thinks hes Nickky Haden and tries to go down the mountain curves at 90 mph with a passanger. What an idiot... Have fun when some big cholo rides you like you used to ride your bike.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Default RE: El Paso man charged with manslaughter when he crashes motorcycle (passanger dies)

personally if he wasnt drinking, orriding on one wheel, it just sounds like an accident..

I agree punish the kid, but dont take the rest of his life for something that he didnt intentionally do.. the guy could have died as well, so its not like he did this on purpose.

Very sad, but dont destroy the other family as well.

BTW.. isnt seeing his girlfriend dead because of something he has done bad enough? I dont think jail can hit you in the heart/brain like accidentally killing a loved one.

Do you think they would have charged the driver the same if it was her father driving?

Old 05-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Default RE: El Paso man charged with manslaughter when he crashes motorcycle (passanger dies)

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

personally if he wasnt drinking, orriding on one wheel, it just sounds like an accident..

I agree punish the kid, but dont take the rest of his life for something that he didnt intentionally do.. the guy could have died as well, so its not like he did this on purpose.

Very sad, but dont destroy the other family as well.

BTW.. isnt seeing his girlfriend dead because of something he has done bad enough? I dont think jail can hit you in the heart/brain like accidentally killing a loved one.

Do you think they would have charged the driver the same if it was her father driving?
QFT
No amount of jail could make me feel worse than knowing my girlfriend died because of me.
Granted, he's a dumbass. But that's gotta be rough.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:29 PM

I have to agree that guy made a por judgement, on a lot of things but yet, at the end everybody lost.[&:]

Old 05-06-2008, 09:03 PM
RCR

I agree with all of the above. The parents are to blame also and need to quit pushing all the blame on to the driver. If it were her boyfriend and they knew he had a bike, they should of talked with her about not riding or wearing proper gear. Would it of changed the outcome? who knows. I know I wouldn't let any of my kids ride on the back of anyones bikes period. They do not even ride with me.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:04 PM

It doesnt really say much about the accident. Just he was going an excessive speed. If he was blasting through there than I can understand, but what do you consider excessive?

Old 05-07-2008, 12:35 PM

Just one more reason I never take a passenger. I love my Targa seat cowl also for that reason. I would like to hear the whole story on the accident.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:50 PM

The guy crashed his bike and killed his passenger. If he was driving irresponsibly he should be held criminally responsible. I don't care if it was his daughter, his mother, his girlfriend or some dude he picked up on the side of the road.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:57 PM

Wow, from reading the OPs statement I thought this guy was out stunt riding and drinking.

The story doesn't say any of that though and for all we know they could have both been wearing gear. The family seems very vindictive as well. -Not that I wouldn't be. Someone else said the family (mother or father) should have warned her... She was 19 frigging years old!!! And the parents say they'll never get to see her graduate. Around here you graduate at 17 or 18....

this story leaves out so much and the reporter should be canned.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:27 PM

Well I wasnt there but a friend of mine that rides in the guys "bike crew" says that they were doing the usual ride up the mountian as fast as you can. he was behind the guy who crashed doing about 83 mph he said. so the guy was doing somewhere around 85 to 90 mph when he lost control on a sharp curve (been to the place, know the curve, and its kinda tough) and crashed his bike into the median. he said both of the riders were wearing helmets but no jackets and the girl was wearing jeans and a short sleeve shirt. just goes to show how immature and careless some people can be. the road where it happened is a local hot spot on sundays and you can see about 3 or 4 bike crews riding the same spot. its notorious for crashes (about one a week). another reason i dont hang with the bike crews around El Paso, i dont want to see a dead body.