Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

eBay selling - chargeback buyers....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 01:09 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default eBay selling - chargeback buyers....

So it's holiday season & needed extra cash to get thru this right. Decided to list my brand new Gucci wallet for sale on eBay. One Buyer purchase using BIN...instant payment was received & I was happy right? Then print out label, pay postal + delivery confirmation...package item and drop off post office. Everything looks good right? The day after I ship package, chit buyer dispute transaction and chargeback funds...WTF? My item shipped...funds held by payPal??

Crazy.....

Anyone encounter similar cases???

Old 12-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to selling on eBay. It sucks.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:45 PM

wow, Hope you don't get screwed on that.

any ideal why the guy disputed the sale?

Old 12-19-2011, 04:29 PM
February 2012 ROTM

No idea? Usually it's after you receive item, and if no happy like not as describe? You then dispute....for my case is a day after I ship out item, buyer dispute charge, meaning buyer did not authorized this purchase? So my item is with USPS on the way to destination...and Paypal is holding my funds...

Old 12-19-2011, 04:31 PM
February 2012 ROTM

It's a day after tracking number wad provided to buyers....so I guess buyer knew item was out of my hands...

Old 12-19-2011, 04:54 PM

I just wonder if he thinks he will get it for free. You need to email or call pay pal and let them know it is shipped. Then they can put a stop on his refund until he ship's it back. And you shouldn't have to pay return shipping. That is left up to him.

But if you don't receive it back then you need to make sure pay pal knows and they won't give him the refund

Old 12-19-2011, 05:01 PM
February 2012 ROTM

Yes...I just did and they ask for proof of shipment. Like I printed the label thru eBay & purchase postal using paypal so they got all info they need on my end....luckily shipment address was indeed confirmed address & I tag on a signature confirmation...so someone there receiving must sign for Package. Thank god...it's cover under payPal seller protection.

But what if address not confirm address? Or I did not purchase confirmation? Then I'm ducked...

Old 12-19-2011, 05:48 PM

Ebay can be a very dirty business, I use to sale on there about 2 years ago but I got sick of all the people giving me run around and problems like this. I now only use ebay as a sole buying website.

Glad everything seems to be working out for you, I'm 95% sure that guy thought he would just dispute the claim and get his money back and since you already shipped it you would be screwed and he would have it for free. But I don't think he understood that the refund would only be issued if he returned the item and no sooner.

Let me know how it all works out in the end.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:38 PM
February 2012 ROTM

Yeah...it's risky...to me it's sort like garage sale....truth is I buy more, than sell on eBay.....I'll keep posted how this turn out.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:27 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Paypal end up taking responsibility for the funds. They release funds right after my shipment was confirmed delivered. Just make sure you ship item with confirmation. All ends good!!

Originally Posted by jveach
Ebay can be a very dirty business, I use to sale on there about 2 years ago but I got sick of all the people giving me run around and problems like this. I now only use ebay as a sole buying website.

Glad everything seems to be working out for you, I'm 95% sure that guy thought he would just dispute the claim and get his money back and since you already shipped it you would be screwed and he would have it for free. But I don't think he understood that the refund would only be issued if he returned the item and no sooner.

Let me know how it all works out in the end.

Quick Reply: eBay selling - chargeback buyers....