Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

eBay purchases - YOU BOUGHT FOR WHAT????

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default eBay purchases - YOU BOUGHT FOR WHAT????

I understand many CBRF members shop on eBay. I want the know what was you best purchase an at what price? Ridiculously cheap? I personally did purchase many items on eBay for prices you cannot get any where else. Also share some of your tricks of how to buy on ebay. When to bid...how much to bid...what to avoid and what key tips to pay extra attention to... Not all eBay purchase experience is positive and we all know that...

Old 10-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a different tail fairing and tailight on ebay yesterday..

I would have to say that my best purchases were my $450 airbrush kit that I got for $120, and my $500 nitrous kit that I got for $300.

Depending on how bad I want something i use two different approaches; i either place a serious max bid so that if anyone else bids they end up giving up once they see my max bid instantly outbid them, OR I wait until the last 5 seconds sitting at the computer and enter a max bid to out bid the highest bidder.

I always check feedback and make sure a seller has good feedback, and I NEVER order from Hong Kong or China. I have heard of things never making it through customs.

I have had 1 bad experience trying to buy a roll of vinyl on ebay and paypal gave me my money back.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably best deal was my Midland BT2 rider/passenger helmet intercoms for DD and myself.

Retail is about $280-$300, picked up mine for $125.

+1 to TG's comments, although, I have yet to be burned.

Ern

Old 10-11-2011, 06:06 PM
February 2012 ROTM

Post pictures if possible so members have idea...this will help us shop around & know the value of a good deal...

Old 10-11-2011, 06:13 PM
February 2012 ROTM

That's some great info. As for those HONG KONG seller or China...+1 I rarely buy from them...if I demand good quality. But if your looking for something cheap like .99 quality...HK seller is okay that is if you can wait 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by TechGirl1414

Depending on how bad I want something i use two different approaches; i either place a serious max bid so that if anyone else bids they end up giving up once they see my max bid instantly outbid them, OR I wait until the last 5 seconds sitting at the computer and enter a max bid to out bid the highest bidder.

I always check feedback and make sure a seller has good feedback, and I NEVER order from Hong Kong or China. I have heard of things never making it through customs.

I have had 1 bad experience trying to buy a roll of vinyl on ebay and paypal gave me my money back.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:19 PM
February 2012 ROTM

My latest proud purchase was for a pair of Gaerne boot...

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/s...+touring+boots

I bid $125 and won auction at $104.51 free shipping. Brand new! What happen was private seller listed boot but did not state if boot was for women or men size? I check out the feedback of seller and find that seller is male....got te boots and it was 100% authentic real Italian made leather for $104.51....it's crazy because my other pair was Element which cost me $80...this is the type of deal you only get on eBay..once a while

Old 10-11-2011, 06:19 PM
February 2012 ROTM

Hahha...you stole that helmet!!!!

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
Probably best deal was my Midland BT2 rider/passenger helmet intercoms for DD and myself.

Retail is about $280-$300, picked up mine for $125.

+1 to TG's comments, although, I have yet to be burned.

Ern

Old 10-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 10-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a chrome brake pedal for $8

Old 10-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not a regular eBay buyer but I have bought and sold things there during the past 10+ years. I always check the seller's feedback before buying anything. If they don't have a lot of feedback comments or if they have many negative ones I stay away.

I never understood why buyers bid on an item when there might still be several days before the auction ends. All that does is it gives other potential buyers time to think about it and outbid you. I always snipe it. eBay hates sniping because the final price might not be as high as it would if several buyers get into a bidding war and thus their commission fee is less.

Sniping is when you place a bid the final few seconds before an auction ends and no one else has time to place a higher bid after you. It usually works, it sometimes doesn't. If the current high bidder has a maximum bid price higher than your snipe bid you don't have time to go back and enter a higher bid before the auction ends. That's why I always submit my snipe bid for the absolute highest price I would have paid. With a bidding war it is easy to get carried away and let your emotions bid higher than what you really wanted to. Not so with sniping.

There is even a website for sniping on eBay called JustSnipe (www.justsnipe.com). It is my favorite sniping tool. You go on there and after you register with them you submit your snipe price for the item you want and select how many seconds, minutes, etc., you want JustSnipe to place your bid before the auction ends. You can do this days before the end of the auction and no other bidders on eBay know about your JustSnipe bid until it automatically places it for you. It is a free service for up to 8 seconds before the end of the auction. You can pay a small fee if you want it less than that but I wouldn't go less than 4 seconds because of possible network delays.

Another nice thing about JustSnipe is if an auction ends while you are at work or otherwise away from your computer it doesn't matter. Your last second bid is automatically entered for you, just as if you were right there in person.

JustSnipe is cool.

Quick Reply: eBay purchases - YOU BOUGHT FOR WHAT????