Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Earplugs- what kind and where to get them

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Earplugs- what kind and where to get them

I wanna try out wearing earplugs while riding. I am not really sure if I am going to like them so I want to try them out.

Anyone know a good kind of disposable earplug? Where to get them? Are there sample packs where you can try out different shapes and kinds?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:09 PM

Orange plugs at Walmart always work for me. They're like $2.99 for a whole bunch.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When not using my military re-usable plugs, I use Winchester Red-E-Fit foam earplugs (orange). They have a Noise Reduction Rating of 32 decibels. While I wouldn't recommend doing this for range use, I will say that you can reuse the same pair for a day's riding (a few removals/uses). They'll give you hearing protection from wind & excess noise, while allowing ample hearing inputs to be aware of what is going on around you. They are available at most every Walmart.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Banned

I read a few articles to not use gun specific ear plugs as they would not protect for the same purpose as riding a motorcycle.
Any comments on that?
Does anyone even make motorcycle specific ear plugs?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:19 PM

I use use some cheap yellow plugs I got at a gas station, I think I paid 99 cents. They work fine, Don't stop all noise but keep the engine/pipe noise to a minimum. It takes some work to get used to wearing them because you can't hear other vehicles until they're relatively close. I only use them for long rides, around town I feel like I'd rather risk the hearing damage and hear what's around me, on the highway/interstate they're a lifesaver because they really cut down on riding fatigue.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:00 PM

I have used these with great success:

Radians

Old 03-14-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by comodidit
I only use them for long rides, around town I feel like I'd rather risk the hearing damage and hear what's around me, on the highway/interstate they're a lifesaver because they really cut down on riding fatigue.
this, im still young so i dont use them unless im doing 8 hour days.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have some skullcandy earphones that i use to listen to music/silence noise and i love them. They have different size end caps so you can adjust it to your ear. This allows me to play my music at a low volume and be able to hear it even at 60mph. Im also able to hear cages around me as well as sirens coming up behind me(normally not a good thing) lol

They were only 10bucks at cyclegear

Old 03-15-2011, 04:43 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Silicone Silicone Silicone ! once you try those and ride with them. you'll never ride with a different pair.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
Silicone Silicone Silicone ! once you try those and ride with them. you'll never ride with a different pair.
Brand? Where to buy?

Quick Reply: Earplugs- what kind and where to get them