Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

dumped my ride 5min ago!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumped my ride 5min ago!!!!

Ok OK, man I'm pissed at this. I just finished polishing up my 061Krr and went to the store to pick up some smokes. I round a corner about 1/8th mile from my house.....been lots of snow and ice....sand everywhere, and I guess I found a good patch of it. I go around the corner, nice and easy, and all the sudden, like a bolt of lightening, BOOM, the bike washes out from under me. It happened so fast...I remember feeling like my hand was stuck on the right bar, felt like my wrist was gonna break! So, I wash out, bike does some spinning, parts go jingling down the road.....I get up, set the bike up on the kick-stand, about that time, a guy pulls up asking if I am OK, he saw me go down....I say yea, pull my helmet off, more pissed than anything.....he helps me look for parts. I get my bike back to the house, he follows, makes sure I am OK, and thats it. Total damage.......right side of tail section has a half-dollar size scuff on it....front brake lever is toast.....right frame slider is gone (it did its' job though!) and a scuff on the right rear swing-arm spool. Oh, and the right mirror is history. So, I'd say 100 bucks of damage, maybe more if I totally replace the tail section. As for me....right kne is rashed up to a nice holiday red, and left hip has a strawberry. Wearing jeans, shoei, gloves, and a long-sleeved fleece. Man.....this bites....don't you hate the "what if's and shoulda-couldas stuff??? The damn store is 1/2 mile from the house....WTF!!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 03:50 AM
Default RE: dumped my ride 5min ago!!!!

ouch that sux.Glad your ok though

oh thank god it dont snow in tampa

Old 01-21-2007, 04:13 AM

I'm startin to feel my knee and other boo-boo's, better get in the shower and scrub em down. Upon further inspection of the bike, cracked upper fairing also...wondering....if you file a claim with insurance....does that automaticaly jack up your premium???? No claims in 16yrs of driving/riding....just wondering is all......

Old 01-21-2007, 04:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that .. that is the sux0rs.

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop
if you file a claim with insurance....does that automaticaly jack up your premium????
legally the answer is no. realistically the answer is yes, esp. if you switch carriers.
but isn't your deductible higher than the damage?

Old 01-21-2007, 04:46 AM

yea, I think my deductible is higher....depends on how I want it fixed.....I figure 400 to get everything back to pre-crash. 800-1000 to get it fixed how I want with some goodies....overall it sucks. I take allot of pride in my bike, hate to ride around with somthing amiss.....but don't want to fix it above and beyond cause after this...who knows when I might dump it again????

Old 01-21-2007, 05:06 AM

That really sucks man,sorry to hear. Thats why I park my ride in the winter, crazy winter drivers.....jk.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:19 AM

I remember I read somewhere that most accidents happen within a 25 mile radius of your home. At least your bike wasn't totally wrecked! You know, if you didn't smoke, that wouldn't have happened haha. Quit smoking! Hope you fix your bike soon.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:20 AM

I remember I read somewhere that most accidents happen within a 25 mile radius of your home.
Me too, except I thought it was more like 1-5 miles.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:36 AM

Sucks man, but you should reallu quit smoking.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:36 AM

another reason not to smoke. That suxs thoe man. Hope you and the bike a speedy recovery

Quick Reply: dumped my ride 5min ago!!!!