Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

dog names?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dog names?

When I get my Basset Hound (I've wanted one forever), I am going to name it "Blues Magoo" whether it is a male or female. I would think "Sanchez" is a good name...inspired by"Dirty Sanchez", because dogs always lick their *** and are likely to lick their lips afterwords...

Old 07-27-2007, 12:55 AM

My female doberman Pinscher's name is Charsi. I too, couldn't think of a good dog name and so started looking at video game characters because they usually have cool names. Well one day about 6 years ago when i was a video game nerd I was playing Diablo II and the sexy blacksmith chick had an awesome name, I made my decision. I had to choose a name that a real life chick wouldn't have because at the time I was single and it would suck to name her sarah, and then meet a chick with that name. So charsi it is, and you would be surprised to see how many people go wow what a cool name where did you come up with it.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:51 PM

wow i played that game man i remember that "Charsi", but we need to have if you thought that was sexy.

Just kidding. Sad to say i still play those types of games

Old 07-28-2007, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: TEN

My wife and I have two minature pinschers. One is named Major, the other is Maximus.
that rocks - our min pin is Killer Z (she inherited Killer from my previous min pin) but Z is after the Z car series

Old 07-28-2007, 08:14 PM

^gotta love those z's i have a 73 240, anyway, i have had many dogs, thier names where, salby, teesha, cloey, kansas, avon, erie, gar, marina, sweeper, april, uhhhh my goats names were rudy, pikia, horses names haria, shanobian, gunner, sabre, and eagle, lol, i could go on with tons of animals, my favorite dog i had was my doby avon, i started a thread with pics of dogs, you guys should go post.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Got a basset named pig, my hunting lab named Heidi and a boxer named Phoebe. Call pig, either that or pork chop, Heidi or Heides and phoebes, once they learn their name they respond to all the "cute" variations that folks will call them. Mine will come if I call them dumbass if we make eye contact. They know which one is being called and when. they know who I'm talking to.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Retired Moderator

So, Troop, how hard was it to train your basset to **** outside? I here they are hard to train, but I want one soooo bad! Always have. How are they as far as the drool factor? I am having a hard time convincing the wifey that bassets don't ever poop or drool...she's not buying it .

Old 07-28-2007, 09:59 PM

No more hassle than any other dog. Well, I take that back. Game dogs are a little on the ohhhh, wired side of things, but bassets being the not so crazy of the game/hunting dogs, as compaered to labs, pointers and so on. They get excited and uncontrolable if you let them. All of our dogs are trained to poop and **** in one spot in the yard, that way, when I go to clean it up, I'm not out roaming the yard like an easter egg hunt scooping up dog crap. I just go to their spot and its in one convenient location. I did this by following them around like a todler when I got them, and every thirty minutes or so, pick em up and take them outside where I have a steak drove into the ground, put them next to it and command potty. If they start wonderin off, I put them back in the spot, and repeat until they go, then lots of praise. Now, i can drive a steak into the ground anywhere we go, and command potty and they run over to it an do their business by it. Puppies get into trouble when they are not looked after. They don't know any better at that age. That, and they get into trouble when they are bored. If you don't entertain/play with them, they'll do it themselves, usually at the expense of your favorite pair of shoes, couch corners, ect. I highly recommend kennel training also. Its a nightmare at first, but sooooo nice when you travel or are going to bo gone for a bit, and need a safe, convenient place for them. I don't start any serious training until the dog knows it's name. I'll see the dog playing, and say it's name, usually to no response at such a young age...but one day, you'll say their name, and they'll stop what they are doing and look at you. THATS your ticket. The dog has learned something. And if it learned it's name, it can learn other things also, like sit, stay, down, and start walking at heel. If your interested in only a family dog, no hunting or agility tests or cute dog shows or anything, the single best book available to you is "Familiy Dog" written by Richard A Wolters. The guy has since passed, but was a nuclear physicist who was an avid hunter and dog trainer. His books are an old time proven, no fancy crap, just common sense, how and why it works. He has written other books, gun dog and water dog, both for appropriate breeds, but family dog is for the family that wants a well behaved, civil, safe and smart dog. He breaks it down to easy to do steps and theories, well illustrated with pictures, and the cool thing is, even though he is writting the book, he has his 11 yr old girl do all the training to prove the point that as long as you have proper information, even an 11 year old girl can train a dog with success. I recommended it to a buddy and his dog is as sharp as a whip with what he applied. I think he got it off of amazon for10 bucks or something. There is no bad dog, just bad owners, and that applies to all breeds. Your dog can and is a reflection of you, kinda like your kids are, you don't want a moron running round acting up and causing troubles, so you don't let them, teach them otherwise. An untrained dog is an indication of an owner who didn't have the time to do otherwise. All it takes is 15min a few times a week.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:05 AM

Can't believe you named your dog after me
ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

I have a dog named Frank people always think I'm crazy cuz I gave it a persons name but then I tell them my real name is Lassie and they get it. (my real names not lassie but I just tell them that so they won't judge me...)

So name your dog..... Steve.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:39 PM
VP

Your wife and I needed something to remember you by

Quick Reply: dog names?