Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do your heart beat faster?
Yes, I still get all tingly in anticipation of the fun to come
43.48%
Yes, but I'm still a nervous wreck that just finished my MSF / bought my bike
4.35%
Not when I'm getting ready for the commute but when I see the road start twisting...
39.13%
No I never felt it / it wore off long ago
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Does your heart beat faster?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only time it really gets going anymore is when I'm sitting on the grid, the starter is holding up the #1 sign getting ready to throw the green flag, I'm at about 10,000 rpm, putting weight on the front, and getting ready to drop the clutch. My heart, like the bike, goes real fast then.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

It goes away, Like the feeling after meeting a new sexy girlfriend. After a while the lust wears off and you just don't have the urge to see that person / bike every single second of every day.

After riding for 9 years now I can say I don't ever just get on the bike and go for a ride anymore. Well.. I do but I always make up a destination before heading out.

Not like I used to just throw my leg over and ride in circles rain snow it didn't matter. Now if it's not a perfect day I don't ride. Hell I don't even ride if it's "too hot" lol...

Im thinking the track days I have planned this year will bring me back into loving my bike again though.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:33 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
After riding for 9 years now I can say I don't ever just get on the bike and go for a ride anymore. Well.. I do but I always make up a destination before heading out.
Damn u make me feel young jkjk

I still get that feeling whenever I "GOT" on her..... no not in tense of going fast oh nonono its been 10 months now I literally mean getting onto the motorcycle lol....

Makes me sad.... I need to get this thing done and get in ROTM

Last edited by __Z__; 06-02-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My heart pounds for a hour after I get off of her

Old 06-02-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
It goes away, Like the feeling after meeting a new sexy girlfriend. After a while the lust wears off and you just don't have the urge to see that person / bike every single second of every day.

Not like I used to just throw my leg over and ride in circles rain snow it didn't matter. Now if it's not a perfect day I don't ride. Hell I don't even ride if it's "too hot" lol...

Im thinking the track days I have planned this year will bring me back into loving my bike again though.
Whoa Rojer I think you are really burnt out. I ride my bike everywhere even when we going as a family I meet my family there. Even when the weather says 40% chance of rain I'm still riding . I get caught in it 100% of the time

My heart doesnt pound when I get on. Only when I drive my car after my wife uses it (seat in wrong spot, mirrors off, cd missing ETC.......)

Last edited by dmcb2120; 06-02-2010 at 12:11 PM.